Gourd Ukulele

pebbleInDaPacific

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this or have thoughts on it? They are Danny Ferrington Gourd Ukuleles. My sister told me they showed it on the morning news. They look pretty awesome but I wonder how they sound. :confused:

NMO4841_mx.jpg

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/s...0_O4841&r=cat33500731&rdesc=The Fantasy Gifts

For $6,000 it would want to be the best sounding thing in the world! The shape reminds me of Peter Griffins chin.........

They showed those and the guy that builds them on the Today Show this morning.. Lotta money, but a cool Uke..

They showed those and the guy that builds them on the Today Show this morning.. Lotta money, but a cool Uke..

Gah! The one morning I decide not to watch. Did he give a demo?

Not really. They were just doing their annual Neaman Marcus gift segment they do every year when Christmas is on it's way. Gifts for the rich foke type of thing. They did show them pretty good, and a couple comments from the builder.

They are pretty... But for 6000 they should have gold come out of the sound hole when you play, since they are made from a gourd... ;)

I agree. Cool, but for 6000 bones, it should automatically make ya play better.. lol

Aloha All,
Aside from the asthetics, I wonder how they sound....because in hawaii they make hand drums out of them...I don't think they may resonate well and may have a thump sound....
Maybe it's just an expensive wall hanger for the rich folks...hmm wonder what kind of conversation they would start seeing one of them...Jus Wondering...MM Stan..
Seems to have gotten the advertising info wrong by the ad....created by micronesians immigrants in the 1870 in the hawaiian islands????Hmmm someone's really off base
on the info....would you think????

Last edited:
Ah Stan, Rich fokes wont know any better, the marketing just sounds cool and gives the rich foke something to say to someone that asks them about it that happends through their den and see it on the wall.. <grin>

Aloha Tudorp,
Ahh..I even heard some people put them in glass cases for looks and decoration....and that's even the really nice koa stuff....what a waste...MM Stan...
They maybe saving them for someone like us in the future......I guess that's where the estate sales may have some Gems...gotta check into that....HMMMM

Last edited:
Top Bottom