FS Martin O

Status
Not open for further replies.

strumsilly

Reaction score
Martin 0 for sale. I have 4 sopranos and 2 martin 0s, my wife says 1 gotta go if I want to aquire any more, go figure. so I hate to part with it but ...

Nice example of a vintage Martin uke, plays like butter and sounds great. In fact the 2 sound and play almost exactly alike, but this one is in much better shape. No issues, original tuners work great, no buzzing, action low, intonation spot on. Only 2 small cracks on one side. looks like it was banged hard there and shows up well in the picture. Other than that all joints are tight with the usual finish checking and some buckle rash on back. Some light strum scratching in the usual place. I'd say this is in somewhere between good and vg condition. Comes with blk chipboard case in good condition.

My computer crashed while on vacation and I had trouble uploading pictures. 3 came through and will post a link to more when I get my software sorted out.

I'd like $ 500, shipping and ins included to lower 48.

Attachments

• martin0 004.jpg
    martin0 004.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 174
  • martin0 003.jpg
    martin0 003.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 141
  • martin0 002.jpg
    martin0 002.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 131
Hi-do pics accurately show the true color? Seems lighter than others I've seen.
Are the cracks stable & tight?(Can you move the surrounding wood with finger-pressure?)

true color, it is lighter than my other one, only one crack, stable, looks like a bang crack rather than drying out & cracking

or i'll sell this one for $390

they play and sound almost exactly alike, I just don't need 2. This one is not as pretty:has more extensive finish wear and checking, small finish cracks, but every bit as solid and sweet, neck and frets are fine.wood is darker also , some cretan scratched some numbers on the neck between 5th and ninth fret, doesn't effect the playing at all.

martino2 004.jpgmartino2 006.jpgmartino2 001.jpgmartino2 003.jpgmartino2 005.jpg

What's that damage (?) on the saddle at the first string on the first uke? Thx.

Saddle

There is a small ding in the saddle , it isn't very deep and is next to the string, not under it.here's a close up of it
thanks for your interestSADDLE 001.jpg

Aloha Strumsilly,
I think it's in pretty good condition and from the pictures I can't see the checking....I had an older style 2 soprano with heavy checking...but sounded awesome..I guess it's the finish they used in those days..
I also had a 50's tenor without the heavy red stain they're known for....mine had a lighter finish like yours.....I was really lucky when I bought those two as it was a long time ago and I got some crazy low
prices for both of them....wish I hadn't sold them...at the time, I didn't realize what I had...as they had really good sounds...everyone who had picked them up said...Wow sounds good eh!!! MM Stan..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom