New Uke Day! Mahogany content

VengefulTikiGod

Reaction score
Ohana CK-35G all solid mahogany concert-size uke:

ohana_concert_35g.jpg

Very sweet tone, bright and bell-like without being tinny; sweet and mellow when you need it. On sale for $200! There were a few of the same model in the shop I went to (Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach, ukuleleparadise.com) and this was the nicest sounding one. Well-dressed frets and smooth fingerboard, and quite a looker thanks to that and the gloss finish. Friction peg tuners and Aquila strings. My one gripe is that the action is slightly higher than I'd like it (and no truss rod so I'm stuck with it) but it is definitely playable and is all in all a very nice uke. Stay tuned, videos to come soon!

wow. thats another ohana gone right under my nose.

ive been on the hunt for this exact uke.

dont have the $$$

.........ugh

Congrats on the new uke. I'll be looking for the vids! I love the color/grain.

You're not stuck with that action. You can always sand the bottom of the saddle and/or nut down.

Nice uke.

Hmm they didn't leave me a ton of leeway for filing but then again, a little goes a long way. I might have a go at the bottom of the nut as there's more room to file there than on the saddle. I've got a good metal file so I should be able to do it uniformly. Another thing--oddly enough, the intonation goes a little flat the higher up the neck I go... I don't suppose that can be remedied though, other than by slightly bending the string when I'm up around the 10th fret or higher.

Thanks for the tip though. And may I just say, I love your youtube channel, seeso!

Don't file the slots down! You should take the nut and bridge off the ukulele and sand their bottoms down.

See this thread for more information.

And thanks for watching my channel! :nana:

Don't file the slots down! You should take the nut and bridge off the ukulele and sand their bottoms down.

See this thread for more information.

And thanks for watching my channel! :nana:

Don't worry, that's what I meant :) I've filed guitar saddles before, so this should be a pretty straightforward adjustment. The nut is fine according to your index card test, so I guess I'll just dig up a metal ruler to measure the action and have a go at the saddle. Thanks!

Top Bottom