my second uke,first baritone

Mike M3

Reaction score
traded today for this Arther Godfrey baritone uke from the 50's I presume.It's in pretty good shape.I read that this was designed for Godfrey and was the first baritone uke made,thought that was cool.Can't wait to string it up and hear it...Mike
000_1254.jpg

Beautiful! What part of Ohio are you from?

Cool....when you get the strings on any chance for a sound clip. I am toying with the idea about getting a Baritone Uke.

Aloha Your Vega looks like in awesome condition....was it sold without strings....I always get worried when looking at ukes trying to be sold without strings as if
the seller is hiding something(like the sound and doesn't want you to play test it)I hope it really works out for you...Let us know how it sounds....Maybe it was
just refinished???? Have Fun and Enjoy!!!!Good Luck!!! "Keep Strumming them Strings" Looks like a beauty!!MM Stan...

I know what you mean,I thought about that but I know this guy well and talk to him often,if there is any problem he would make it right,I will post results when I get strings on it,waiting for a reply to my earlier post ...Mike

Thank you,your uke and you sound good.I called my friend and asked him about the strings.I told him I had some before he came and he took the old ones off it,said they might have been the original ones,and cleaned the frets before he brought it over...Mike

Top Bottom