winning a musician's heart at open mic... through ukulele! [song suggestions help?]

Reaction score
alright so, i've been playing the ukulele for a year & consider myself a decent player. recently, i've been going with a group of friends to a local open mic where i love to play. but, theres this one guy who also plays there who i think is cute who i often duet with.

so basicly my question is: what song(s) would a guy find the most adorible for a girl to sing & play on her uke solo? anything specifically heart melting you know of? (& any success stories? haha)

:) i'd much rather ask this question here than yahoo answers, where i'd just get bombarded with people telling me to play somewhere over the rainbow or hey soul sister. blargh.

Not my version so much, but the original one. If a girl sang that to me it would melt me.

wow! that Falling Slowly song is beautiful. i would like that sang to me too.

Just tell him, Kris. We men don't do well with subtle hints. Ric

Good point. I missed a lot of subtle hints back when they would have mattered, I think. Some of them I didn't pick up on until YEARS later!

I agree. The hint shouldn't be too subtle. Try that "gently" song by TenaciousD and keep eye contact while singing. That should do.

Falling Slowly works very well on Ukulele, and it's a lovely song. If my girlfriend were to play me that song I'd simply melt. Also, I'd like for you to know that it may not seem that big of a deal to you, but if he likes you at all it will make him feel like the greatest man alive. I played Five Foot Two for my girlfriend over 2 weeks ago and she's still walking around with the word 'Five' on her hand in memory of it, and told me on multiple occasions that it's the most loving act anyone has ever done for her. Playing someone a song can make them feel fantastic and could change the way they think of you forever.

Just let him know how you feel - good luck.

Is he a geeky nerdy type? You can say, instead of playing, "I love that song you played. Can you show me how you played it?" And then, "If you would come over to my place, I can feed you whatever and then you can show me".

Sounds like you played with him before, so you can say "I would love to play xxxxx (Falling Slowly, for example), asnd I think it would song better if you can join me". And then, "If you would come over to my place, I can feed you whatever and then we can practice".

Just some ideas (I wish these things had happened to me.......)
Chief

If you were not still in high school, I would say drop his a!! and run-a-way with me. :) :)
Actually just do a song you like and do well, and dedicate it to him.
Good Luck

That probably would work but may give a bad impression. But that song is pretty great!

Edit: was re when I think about you I touch myself.

falling slowly!

Not my version so much, but the original one. If a girl sang that to me it would melt me.

Whoa man, do you have that song tabbed out, that sounds awesome. Great cover for the uke!

-Jared

Top Bottom