The Letter - Seeso, Dom and Jon Prown - Milwaukee Uke Fest 2010

Dominator

Reaction score
Thanks to Hankthetank for sending over some of the videos he took at the Milwaukee Uke Fest. Here is Seeso singing The Letter during our dinner concert set. I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was putting these songs together with these guys.

I learned this song right after Alex Chilton died. I learned it on uke, but then suggested it to one of the bands I play bass for. We did it at one of our 2 annual gigs, but it seems to have dropped from the set list for our upcoming Halloween gig. It's a GREAT song! Nice job.

Aloha Dominator,
Awesome guys!! total jam session.....enjoyed it very much!!!thanks for sharing!!MM Stan...

Man that was totally wicked, love it..I wanna jam with you guys !!..

That was a lot of fun! Thanks for making me look good, Dom and Jon.

That was pretty cool!! Thanks Dominator and Hank for posting the video!!!

That's what I'm talk'n bout'!!! One day I'd like to play with the likes of you folks...gotta go practice.
Got more? DAP

Hello there, i thought i would post this on here as a responce, please dont take offence to this..
This is my sort of tribute to you guys. I thought that your version was totally awesome and i just couldn't rest untill i had learnt it.. Sometimes a video will do that to me, and yours hit my OMG gotta do that spot good and proper..
No-where near the mighty fine playing of Seeso,Dom and Jon Prown, but i thought i would post it as a sort of thanks for sharing the vid and inspiring me no end.. Cheers Guys.. I Hope that you enjoy half as much as i enjoyed yours. :)

Keep on Strummin...

Cokecan...awesome job, loved your version!!!!

Dom, seeso and Hank.....another great performance!!

Many thanks and Cheers to all of you for posting those videos!!!!!

Way to go, Cokecan. You got the groove. This particular arrangement of The Letter, by the way, is based on the one recorded many years ago by Burrito Deluxe.

@ Dominator and Coconut Wille, Cheers guys, glad that you liked it.. Thank you very much :)

@Ukejon, again thanks very your kind comment glad you enjoeyd it... I never heard this song untill i watched the vid that Dom posted on here, and from there version they done it hit my gotta do that spot...Since reading what you wrote about this versions arrangement being done by Burrito Deluxe i have been on a web wide search to have a listern to it, but unfortunitally i cant find it anywhere..Shame, i wouldnt mind a listern to that version..

Anyways Cheers guys.
Keep on strummin :)

@ukejon Cheers for that your a legend,, I searched and couldn't find it anywhere... I can see now where they got the insperation for there performance of the song.. I must admitt i still actually preffer the version by Seeso,Dom and Jon Prown (yourself ??).. It is a most excellent take on that version, much better than the Joe Cocker one in my opinion..

Thank you once again. made me little day be able to hear that. :)

Edit actually makes the Begining of the video that dominator posted that much better for me with the special effect thingy sound.. all makes purfect sence and the cover that bit more impressive.. Great job.

Last edited:
that was reeeeeaaal nice guys. Thanks for sharing some of these songs from your jam at the Fest.

And cokecan, nice job too brother. I know what you mean about hearing a song and just HAVING to learn it...happens to me all the time...I'm still catching up!!!

awesome work everyone!

@ukejon Cheers for that your a legend,, I searched and couldn't find it anywhere... I can see now where they got the insperation for there performance of the song.. I must admitt i still actually preffer the version by Seeso,Dom and Jon Prown (yourself ??).. It is a most excellent take on that version, much better than the Joe Cocker one in my opinion..

Thank you once again. made me little day be able to hear that. :)

Edit actually makes the Begining of the video that dominator posted that much better for me with the special effect thingy sound.. all makes purfect sence and the cover that bit more impressive.. Great job.

Great job, Cokecan! That rocked. And yes, ukejon is Jon Prown.

that was reeeeeaaal nice guys. Thanks for sharing some of these songs from your jam at the Fest.

And cokecan, nice job too brother. I know what you mean about hearing a song and just HAVING to learn it...happens to me all the time...I'm still catching up!!!

awesome work everyone!

@eugene ukulele, your most kind thank you, and yes there are so many talented people on here that catch my ear and make me old head think i gotta learn that..Its great.. :)

Great job, Cokecan! That rocked. And yes, ukejon is Jon Prown.

@seeso, Cheers buddy :), and thank you for your most inspiring version, I liked it a lot as it may show. :)

Top Bottom