Doing everything I can to break my fluke

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
It has fallen more than 4 times already, tipped over at least a dozen times, hit telephone posts, doors, gates, taxi doors.

I have caught my fingers on the strings and yanked....er, I mean strummed hard and still ..

I can't seem to break my Fluke.

What is wrong with me??:D

Its like they are made out of cockroaches. I can't seem to destroy em.

I have an idea though. When I do finally break one, I'm gonna ask them just to replace the part that is broken.......

That part may be me.

hi suzuk

yeah, the flukes are brilliant aren't they, incredibly sturdy!

I've got an old beach theme one and it's had some punishment too, but very resilient.

Are they well designed and made or is it just a fluke? :)

You make me want one!! UGH!!! I like the poi-ple... Oh wait, I don't like cockroaches.. never mind! but it's a uke....

It has fallen more than 4 times already, tipped over at least a dozen times, hit telephone posts, doors, gates, taxi doors. ... I can't seem to break my Fluke.

What is wrong with me??

I think that it must be sneaking out at night for some late night partying! "What Should We Do with the Drunken Fluke?"

I had a Fluke sitting on a table, and when I reached for it my chair slipped. I ended up PUNCHING the thing and it slid and went airborne with lightning speed, striking a guy on the top of his head (he had been bent over tying his shoe). It BOUNCED off his head and hit the floor.

Not a mark...on the fluke, anyway.

I knock my Flea off my desk maybe once a week. The scariest part is that it's still usually in tune after all the trauma it endures. :O

I believe the Fluke has been touted as "able to kill zombies and then play them a song"?

They're plastic. Hard plastic. Hard overpriced plastic.

They're plastic. Hard plastic. Hard overpriced plastic.

i disagree with the overpriced part...

Cool looking, perfect intonation, indestructable, and stands up on it's own...
Sure you can buy a perfectly good uke for less. But I dare you to find a Uke in that range youcan buy sight unseen, and be sure you get a winner. They are that consistant. (some say that is a negative. i.e. "They all sound the same.")

And if they can sell em at what they do, more power to em.

You rarely find someone who has buyers remorse from a flea or fluke.

:)

JT

Last edited:
Well, I can't help but feel that they seem to be about twice the price they should be.

But I guess, if they're selling 'em, then the price must be right.

Last edited:

Sure you can buy a perfectly good uke for less. But I dare you to find a Uke in that range youcan buy sight unseen, and be sure you get a winner. They are that consistant. (some say that is a negative. i.e. "They all sound the same.")

JT
True but they ahve never appealed to me and I have played many. I think it is the price that makes me dislike them so much. But to each their own. If they were $30 cheaper I'd get one or if I had the money to score a used one, I'd probably do it.

JT

:agree: TOTALLY...one of those brands that,if you ARE buying 2nd hand, you're guaranteed a great sounding, playable instrument at a really good price.

Mind you, there was a shop in Australia trying to sell one for, get this....$800 - now that's overpriced! But 2nd hand prices for those ukes are generally very reasonable and well worth it!!!

I agree with JT. I don't think they're overpriced at all. I have two Fleas and a Fluke and they are all worth every penny I paid for 'em.

I also don't feel they are overpriced.

And that is epecially true given the nature of this post.

I no longer freak out when my FLuke(s) hit something or start to fall. I don't freak out that somebody will pick it up and drop it.

I dropped it inside a shopping mall and it made a loud sound and people all looked at what caused that sound. I smiled knowing my "guitar" was going to be fine and played "My Dog Has Fleas" as I picked it up just to show everybody I didn't destroy it.

All this with great action and intonation - all the time.

I felt the same way before and didn't expect to buy one. But I played one and had to have it and since then, it is my daily practice uke.

I'm still undecided.
I dont really like the feel of the plastic frets and fingerboard.
At the same time I love the fact that it is prob. gonna survive a camping trip or two plus many other outings, which is exactly what I need! :p

I just cant see a regular uke lasting long in the back of my Jeep. :eek:

Attachments

• My 94 Jeep YJ.jpg
    My 94 Jeep YJ.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8
All great points but a makala dolphin (plastic as well) is just as durable imo. I have taken my on 40 mile backpacking trips, let 25 9 year olds play it daily and it still goes and it cost me...$35:) Fleas and Flukes are almost indestructible but they just aren't my cup of tea (yet). One of the guys that comes to java Jam has one and it is neat andif I couldget him to sell it to me cheap, I'd get it but I'd never buy one new.

Top Bottom