New uke day!

ytmr

Reaction score
It's the first time I'm saying this! I was seriously considering the KA-SC, and I was really going to pay for it with my own money, it was within the budget and everything. BUT. I just got my exam results back, and my mum was pretty pleased, so she got me a KA-FMC(Spruce top with spalted maple back and sides)! It's so gorgeous, I've taken some photos with my brother's camera, but it's in a format my computer can't read, so I'll do something about that and post them later! The back is completely symmetrical, and it just screamed at me the minute I saw it. Bought it from a local uke shop, they had a lot of Kalas and the mahogany Mainland too, along with some Ohanas, Eleukes and Anuenue(?).

I tried the Classic Mahogany Concert Mainland with the slotted headstock, but somehow it didn't hit me like the KA-FMC did. I love how it's really loud, but it's a little mellower than the KA-SC, which sounded a little too bright for me, and it's just beautiful. The tuning pegs are so smooth, and I'm just so taken by it :D

Will post pictures once I can get them sorted out!

awesome news ytmr!!!!

sounds like you've got the perfect uke for you there; flame maple with spruce top...nice balance of mellow and crunch..great choice!

looking forward to your pictures!!! And congratulations on the good exam results.

And thanks mum!!! :eek:

Yes, I've been playing with it, and it's so amazing!

ahh, i remember that feeling so well. prepare to loose some sleep and for some sore finger tips. :D

Looks great. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new uke. Good job with your grades and don't forget to give your Mom a hug in thanks.

Aloha YTMR,
Thanks for sharing....Your ukulele looks so beautiful and awesome...you must be excited and havin fun playing it....Congrats on the good grades and you have a wonderful mom...make sure to
tell her that......BTW, the pic's looks fine and thanks for sharing that too...Stan...

hi Ymtr,

Thanks for the pic link.
Super nice looking uke.
Best of luck with it.

Cheers.

Congrats on your new uke day, good grades and a great Mum!!!!!!!
Nice job!!

I have the tenor version of that one. it is indeed an awesome uke :D

My fingertips are a little sore today, but it's welcomed, the uke is so beautiful I really can't bear to put it aside! By the way, lexxy, I bought my uke from them, and they were really really helpful!

Great looking uke! btw tell your mom we all want to be adopted!
;)

Top Bottom