PDA

View Full Version : Aloha All,

mm stan
10-20-2010, 04:58 AM
I just spoke to Joeyb, and if you haven't heard from her posts lately, she is very ill with
Pneumonia and taking antibiotics...as you know she has a rare asthma condition and
this may need hospitalization...I hope members will show her some love and wish her a speedy recovery...Chest infections are really serious to people who suffer from asthma..
Just wanted you all to know, she was worried that some of you may think she may be
ignoring for not responding back to your posts..I told her I would inform you all. MM Stan..

cletus
10-20-2010, 05:04 AM
Sending good thoughts...
Thanks for the update, mm stan.
I hope she gets well soon.

fitncrafty
10-20-2010, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the update... I was just thinking I haven't seen her post much...
hoping you have a speedy recovery Joey!

molokinirum
10-20-2010, 05:16 AM
Prayers go out to her for a speedy recovery and to get her back to her beloved ukes!

Mahalo mm stan for letting us know!!

Sambient
10-20-2010, 05:19 AM
Best wishes to you joeyb, and thank you mm stan for looking after the well-being of an UU bretheren.

Be well!

Mandarb
10-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Thanks for the update mm stan. Get better joeybug!

Pueo
10-20-2010, 06:00 AM
From one fan of purple to another, sending you well wishes for a speedy recovery!

Tudorp
10-20-2010, 06:25 AM
Thanks Stand.. I'll be sending her some prayer, and PM her a little good JuJu..

Coconut Willie
10-20-2010, 06:26 AM
mm stan....mahalo for the info! JoeyB you are in my prayers for a speedy recovery and pray all goes well and you are back at the UU again!!!

raecarter
10-20-2010, 06:34 AM
Thank you stan for the update! All our best wishes from the carter family to joeybug xx

DAPuke
10-20-2010, 06:43 AM
Thanks mm stan,
Joeyb, prayers are headed your way from our house to yours. All the best,
Don

Tudorp
10-20-2010, 06:55 AM
hehhe... I called you "Stand"... ;) I meant "Stan" lol

Miss Michele
10-20-2010, 07:04 AM
Thanks for the update, Stan! Joeyb, you are in my thoughts and prayers! Get better soon!

lozarkman
10-20-2010, 07:31 AM
thanks for the info and details Stan. JoeyB is a delightful young lady and really starting to get into her ukes. From our home Joey we wish you a speedy recovery and you are in our prayers. Lozark

Lori
10-20-2010, 07:39 AM
:)Get Well Soon Joey!!!:)
Our thoughts are with you!

Skitzic
10-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Sending out good juju

Pippin
10-20-2010, 09:53 AM

Couldn't have said it better... or more colorfully. :)

sukie
10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
I just spoke to Joeyb, and if you haven't heard from her posts lately, she is very ill with
Pneumonia and taking antibiotics...as you know she has a rare asthma condition and
this may need hospitalization...I hope members will show her some love and wish her a speedy recovery...Chest infections are really serious to people who suffer from asthma..
Just wanted you all to know, she was worried that some of you may think she may be
ignoring for not responding back to your posts..I told her I would inform you all. MM Stan..

Wish her well for me. Sounds like no fun at all.

Sukie

aquaticsloth
10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
good vibes on the way!!

Hippie Dribble
10-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi Joey...

prayers from our family here in Tassie also headed your way sister. Thinking of you and willing your body to fight strong and overcome the chest infestion...Rhea, Astrid and Lilo too, missing their mum and playing partner. We all think so much of you mate and enjoying your growth in the uke. Many blessings and love from Eugene, Eugenie and munchkins! :love::love::love:

And Stan, what can I say mate, you are just a fantastic, encouraging and caring guy, an incredible blessing to so many of us UUers... :)

eugene

NatalieS
10-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Feel better soon, JoeyB! We miss seeing you around here!

AnnaUK
10-20-2010, 11:02 AM
Get well soon, Joey.
I hope you're feeling better quickly :D

Best wishes
Anna

mds725
10-20-2010, 12:10 PM

JoeyB -- Yes, what Lori said. As someone with mild asthma, I can appreciate (a little bit) what it is you're going through. Even colds are scary, and respiratory infections are debilitating. From what I know of you, I think you've got a lot of fight in you, so beat this thing and get back to your ukes!

Stan -- Thanks so much for letting us know about Joey's health challenge.

Mark

mm stan
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
hehhe... I called you "Stand"... ;) I meant "Stan" lol
No problemo Tudorp.....Although I'm in a wheelchair and don't stand much......My grandmother had an accent, so she called my that, I remember...so I'm can relate to that...brought back
memories of her....MM Stan...

Penguinofsorts
10-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Get better soon, joeybug! It's been great watching you enjoy your ukes!! (Great Toy Story vid, btw!)

joeybug
10-20-2010, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone, I am touched by your comments.

I am feeling a lot better this morning, still on the oxygen, but I think my fever has gone which always makes me feel better, I was boiling hot and shivering, now I'm just cold because it's like 15/60 here this morning and it's supposed to get colder!

Darla has just received her new Ukulele and she LOVES it, it was important to me to be here for her birthday, she's six today and I'm so happy to still be around to see her grow up. I have been blessed.

I'm still not 100% so you probably won't see me round a lot, but I'm getting there, the antibiotics seem to be working and I'm hoping that now I can take my hospital bag off standby and I won't end up there...

I'll try to post pictures of Darla with her new Ukulele and maybe a video of her playing it - she knows the C chord and that's about it!

Thanks everyone, your prayers and "juju" have helped and I'm on the road to recovery. You've also touched me greatly by the fact that you all care :D

Take care

Joey

SuzukHammer
10-20-2010, 10:08 PM
I had read about that guy wanting to play uke in the shower and I am worried that is what JoeyB did and played too long until the hot water ran out.

Be careful playing ukulele in the shower people. Keep it under 30 minutes.

GreatGazukes
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Oh JoeyB, I thought you'd abondoned us for the new love in your life,Rhea. I'm mighty sorry you've been laid up and feeling lousy. But at least you've been spreading the ukulele love with your daughter, hope you are able to enjoy this special time you are having with her, we'll be waiting for her first vid....Warm thoughts and a hug from Oz, (where it has only just started to get warm)

http://www.netads.com/music/marathon/sdr/Images/new_sun.jpg

joeybug
10-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Oh JoeyB, I thought you'd abondoned us for the new love in your life,Rhea. I'm mighty sorry you've been laid up and feeling lousy. But at least you've been spreading the ukulele love with your daughter, hope you are able to enjoy this special time you are having with her, we'll be waiting for her first vid....Warm thoughts and a hug from Oz, (where it has only just started to get warm)

http://www.netads.com/music/marathon/sdr/Images/new_sun.jpg

Thanks for the warm hugs, it's bloody cold here! Darla isn't my daughter, she's my god daughter and lives with me and her mum who is my best friend and carer. Her dad isn't in the picture, so I'm the closest thing she has to a "second parent". She loved opening her Ukulele and has asked me to change the strings to the goodish ones today - not Aquila just yet, but she may get some of those for Christmas if she takes up playing it, which I'm sure she will, the Ukulele is irrestisable!

Like I said above, I am feeling a lot better than yesterday, and hopefully that will continue into tomorrow, gotta see the doctor this week so will see if they want me on different antibiotics or anything else to keep me home and out of hospital...

ytmr
10-21-2010, 12:00 AM
Hey joey, hope you fully recover soon, with everyone's prayers for you, you'll be fine really soon and you'll be able to teach Darla more chords!

joeybug
10-21-2010, 12:09 AM
Hey joey, hope you fully recover soon, with everyone's prayers for you, you'll be fine really soon and you'll be able to teach Darla more chords!

Thanks ytmr :D

Yep, I'm looking forward to teaching her everything I know...which should take up an afternoon!

fitncrafty
10-21-2010, 01:25 AM
So Happy to hear that Darla is loving her UKE and that you are feeling better! I know you really wanted to be there to give her that gift!
Please continue to feel better!
Thinking of you!!
Carrie

fitncrafty
10-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Yep, I'm looking forward to teaching her everything I know...which should take up an afternoon!

Joey... this really made me chuckle! I would be done teaching her in about 20 minutes!

ukeshale
10-21-2010, 02:05 AM
All the best. Get well soon :)

BadLands Bart
10-21-2010, 04:40 AM
Hey Joey...glad to hear you are getting better and back to playing the uke!!

Mr Bill
10-21-2010, 03:37 PM
Feel better Lassie, from us all

Cheers.
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn97/mrbill67/BlackWatch5.jpg

Landshark
10-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Feel better, hoping for a speedy recovery