Looking for John King's book

R

RyanMFT

Hello All,
I am looking to buy or even borrow John King's book "The Hawaiian Ukulele & Guitar Makers, 1884-1930". Anyone out there have one or know where I could get one? On "Nalu Music" it says the book is out of print. I looked on the web a bit but can't seem to find it out there anywhere.

If anyone has one and might be willing to loan it to me I would be happy to pay to ship it and I will promise to ship it back in perfect condition! If someone has one you might like to sell, I would love to hear from you!

Here's to John King....a wonderful uke player and historian. Wish I had the chance to have met him!

Thanks!

Hawaiian song books..

Hello All,
I am looking to buy or even borrow John King's book "The Hawaiian Ukulele & Guitar Makers, 1884-1930". Anyone out there have one or know where I could get one? On "Nalu Music" it says the book is out of print. I looked on the web a bit but can't seem to find it out there anywhere.

If anyone has one and might be willing to loan it to me I would be happy to pay to ship it and I will promise to ship it back in perfect condition! If someone has one you might like to sell, I would love to hear from you!

Here's to John King....a wonderful uke player and historian. Wish I had the chance to have met him.

Thanks!
Aloha Ryan,
I know that John King did alot of Research at the Mission Houses Museum and the Library's
here...State and University of Hawaii....I hope it helps!!Good Luck!! Stan...

Thanks all! A UU member has offered one......Uke people are amazing! THANKS!

By the way Nalu-music was John King's site.

Resurrecting this thread...

I too am looking for a copy of John King's OP "The Hawaiian Ukulele & Guitar Makers, 1884-1930". I am also looking to borrow or purchase a copy. I am also looking into an inter-library loan via a public library or college or other educational institution (e.g.UofH) and will post the info here if I am able to locate a copy(ies) that one arrange to borrow.

Thank you,
Kimmy

Hi Kimmy,
I am in the East Bay and I would be willing to connect with you about this. PM me and we can talk.

Ryan

Alas, there are only two libraries in the system my college uses that own this title and both are unwilling to loan (that can be for various reasons like it's non-circulating). :(

Top Bottom