PDA

View Full Version : Looking for John King's book

RyanMFT
10-20-2010, 06:44 AM
Hello All,
I am looking to buy or even borrow John King's book "The Hawaiian Ukulele & Guitar Makers, 1884-1930". Anyone out there have one or know where I could get one? On "Nalu Music" it says the book is out of print. I looked on the web a bit but can't seem to find it out there anywhere.

If anyone has one and might be willing to loan it to me I would be happy to pay to ship it and I will promise to ship it back in perfect condition! If someone has one you might like to sell, I would love to hear from you!

Here's to John King....a wonderful uke player and historian. Wish I had the chance to have met him!

Thanks!

Miss Michele
10-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Have you tried the Library, or a Used Bookstore? Good Luck with your search!

mm stan
10-20-2010, 12:56 PM
Hello All,
I am looking to buy or even borrow John King's book "The Hawaiian Ukulele & Guitar Makers, 1884-1930". Anyone out there have one or know where I could get one? On "Nalu Music" it says the book is out of print. I looked on the web a bit but can't seem to find it out there anywhere.

If anyone has one and might be willing to loan it to me I would be happy to pay to ship it and I will promise to ship it back in perfect condition! If someone has one you might like to sell, I would love to hear from you!

Here's to John King....a wonderful uke player and historian. Wish I had the chance to have met him.

Thanks!
Aloha Ryan,
I know that John King did alot of Research at the Mission Houses Museum and the Library's
here...State and University of Hawaii....I hope it helps!!Good Luck!! Stan...

robbocx
10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
I don't know the site but they have a John King book here, they may be worth a try:

http://www.nalu-music.com/nalu-music-store/

RyanMFT
10-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Thanks all! A UU member has offered one......Uke people are amazing! THANKS!

By the way Nalu-music was John King's site.

ukukimmy
04-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Resurrecting this thread...

I too am looking for a copy of John King's OP "The Hawaiian Ukulele & Guitar Makers, 1884-1930 (http://www.nalu-music.com/nalu-music-store/)". I am also looking to borrow or purchase a copy. I am also looking into an inter-library loan via a public library or college or other educational institution (e.g.UofH) and will post the info here if I am able to locate a copy(ies) that one arrange to borrow.

Thank you,
Kimmy

RyanMFT
04-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Hi Kimmy,
I am in the East Bay and I would be willing to connect with you about this. PM me and we can talk.

Ryan

ukukimmy
04-14-2011, 06:51 AM
Alas, there are only two libraries in the system my college uses that own this title and both are unwilling to loan (that can be for various reasons like it's non-circulating). :(