FS: Slingerland Maybell Banjo Uke on eBay

SnakeOiler

Reaction score
Hey, I just got a new woodworking studio so I'm selling my beloved Maybell so I can buy some wood. Are box Ukes in my future? Who knows? Help a brother out and get a cool very playable piece of Ukulele history.

Maybell on eBay

Hit me up if you have any questions.

hi snakeoiler

lovely old banjo uke!!! Really like the maple with those old ukes...sounds and looks great...think I'll have a bid or two...

Just got one this week- these things are the greatest-I can attest to that.
And ladybug picnic...how did I not think of that yet? Brilliant

Snake Oiler!

Congrats on the sale. I have to say - I have the same MayBell, Model 20, and I got it on ebay about seven months ago for $110, which is about average for the little openback. I have never seen a Model 20 go for $375 before. It's a lovely instrument, but you really did it right: you told the truth about it, had a great sale page, and then posted a great video.

I've seen people selling great stuff who don't even take the time to get pictures of the side angle or headstock, and their ukes go for very, very little. Your sale should be a model for anyone looking to sell a good old uke on ebay.

best,

John

Snake Oiler!

Congrats on the sale. I have to say - I have the same MayBell, Model 20, and I got it on ebay about seven months ago for $110, which is about average for the little openback. I have never seen a Model 20 go for $375 before. It's a lovely instrument, but you really did it right: you told the truth about it, had a great sale page, and then posted a great video.

I've seen people selling great stuff who don't even take the time to get pictures of the side angle or headstock, and their ukes go for very, very little. Your sale should be a model for anyone looking to sell a good old uke on ebay.

best,

John

You're making me blush.
I have to say I was thrilled. I was expecting maybe $150 or so. The buyer was from Frnace, maaybe they're harder to come by over there.

Yes - they are harder to find over there, and in France and the UK, they're generally going for about twice what you can get here.

John

Top Bottom