Solid Koa Concert Ukulele MOP Art Inlay

Reaction score
what do you all think about the uku .do you think its worth 90.00 including shipping . I saids its solid koa. here is a link to the ebay site , but if its a good deal and you think its a good uku please dont bit agains me. there has been no bids yet so i will know if its one of you . so dont do me that way ok . http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Koa-Conce...ts_Sting_Instruments&hash=item43a26eb027#shId

if I can get it for 1 dollar the shipping will be 90.00 dollars. has any of you see or heard ,or know anything about this uku. thanks for your help .Steve

what do you all think about the uku .do you think its worth 90.00 including shipping . I saids its solid koa. here is a link to the ebay site , but if its a good deal and you think its a good uku please dont bit agains me. there has been no bids yet so i will know if its one of you . so dont do me that way ok . http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Koa-Conce...ts_Sting_Instruments&hash=item43a26eb027#shId

if I can get it for 1 dollar the shipping will be 90.00 dollars. has any of you see or heard ,or know anything about this uku. thanks for your help .Steve

well for starters it says solid vietnam koa...koa only grows in Hawai'i so it is an acacia wood not really koa. I'd be weary. These vietmanese ukes used to get a terrible rep but lately people have spoke decently of them. Me personally, if it looks too good to be true, it is too good to be true.

Be very careful here. The Vietnam ukes have not gotten too many good reviews. And yes there is no such thing as Vietnam Koa wood, only Hawaii has the Koa wood. If you are looking to spend around $90 or so, check out MGM (Musicguymic) on ebay. He is in Hawaii and sells tons of ukes in your price range. Plus he sets up the uke, puts on aquila strings and makes sure the uke is perfect. MGM is also a member here at the UU so any problems, he is easy to get in touch with.

Thank you haolejohn I looked into that and you are right ,there is no koa in vietnam .only monkey pod . which looks like koa but not the same thing .So after I did some reading about it ,I sent Bruce a email and this is what he wrote back ----Hi, it's made from Vietnam Koa/ Monkey Pod not Acacia Koa and it's showing clearly in description.
Thanks !
Bruce Well in the description it does not say any thing about being made from monkey pod . so I reported his listing to ebay and told them about it ,and they are looking into it now . so I didn't bid on it . thanks for the info . Ok here is my next question is there anything wrong with monkey pod as a ukulele ,the reason I'm asking is that there are some other ukes for sale my him that look nice and are probably made from monkey pod. Will you look at this one for me and tell me what you think about it . I just think it looks cool and would like to have it , if you think its worth 100.00 bucks. I like the inlay stuff .and Im just a beginner so I dont know how a ukulele should sound in the first place lol. but he saids its solid. monkey pod . but who knows. thanks for helping me with this ,Steve http://cgi.ebay.com/Solid-Koa-Tenor...Instruments&hash=item43a29322f0#ht_2097wt_905

Sorry I left this thing on last night and didn't refresh this page so i didn't see your posts Pippin or Molokinirum . that answered my questions lol .Ok Molo Ill give music guymic a holler . between you all what kind of wood configuration do you like best ,I have seen solid koa to Mitchell laminated koa don't know what good laminating the out side does for sound lol . to spruce tops ect . what do you think . I don't care about the cost as long as its not over 400.00 I thinks thats enough for one . o ya and I think I want a tenor because they have 18 or 19 fret wires, but I have seen some concerts with 18 or 19 fret wires what do you all think of that. tenor or concert. sorry for all the questions I'm new to ukuleles .I I was told this is the place to find out about anything having to do with ukes. So far I'm impressed.Thanks again for all the help ,Steve

Top Bottom