It's great having a regular meetup in your area

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Tonight we had a great meetup of the SE Ukers. We have a new member who has played uke since the 1930's and was in a local Hawaiian group back in the 50's and he really knows his stuff and is so kind to share. So many players to learn from share and just talk ukulele. If you have a uke meetup in your area you understand how fun these are. If you don't have a meetup it may be a great thing to start. If your ever in Atlanta your welcome to come by our meetup too:)

We got ours going almost a year ago and have kept a regular schedule of the second and fourth Sundays each month. The longer we go, the more people seem to find us, the more interesting it gets. We're at a beginner/intermediate level thus everyone fits in. We're supposed to start at noon, but we usually spend the first half hour visiting with one another. It's especially fun when I go to a local uke event and see group people there. I did the legwork, but UU made it possible.

I know what you mean. On Sundays, it's Ukulele Sundays at Hulaville in San Clemente. Mondays, it's the Ukulele Society of America, San Diego chapter at Old Time Music in San Diego. On Tuesdays, it's the Stoneage Strummers in San Marcos. On Wednesdays, it's the Moonlight Beach Ukulele Strummers at Todays Pizza and Salad in Encinitas. On Thursdays, It's the Ukulele Society of America in Carlsbad. On Saturdays, it's at Momilanis Island Traditions in Encinitas. On Monday mornings and Thursday mornings, it's the Sunset Strummers in Vista. There's a whole lot more than I listed here, but I don't have the time to get to all of them. If you're ever in the San Diego/Orange County California are, drop me a line. Ric

I wish there were meetups in my area! I attended the ukejam wednesdays once in London while I was there early summer, and it was loads of fun.

Yep, it was great! Lots of good tips from such a "seasoned" player. (I'm seasoned myself, but just not the "player" part yet!)

I only wish there was in my area - come on people - we need a uke bash in south Cheshire (UK)

Top Bottom