America's Got Talent Audition

Which song should I play?

• Total voters

seeso

Super Duper Moderator (Retired)
Reaction score
I'm auditioning for America's Got Talent in a couple weeks, and I don't know what song I should do! Which one would you choose?

If you don't think I should play any of the songs I've listed, please feel free to write in your own!

I'm auditioning when they come to Houston next year and will probably use I'm Yours.

Awsome, best of luck with this! If you make it onto the show (which, obviously, you should) I may actually watch it!

I haven't made a video for Operator yet.

Voted for Billie Jean but Fire and Rain is my fav. I think a Michael Jackson tine will wow peeps more.

I think while FIre and Rain is a great tune, I think Billie Jean is still relatively contemporary and has plent area to make it yours.

Its got to have wow. catchy runs. hook them in.

I liked Fire and Rain, and I bet Operator will be good too. I will wait to vote between those two after you post a video on Operator. I think Fire and Rain shows off your unique voice better, and I think Operator might be a good choice as well. Both are great songs, and Fire and Rain is very familiar, which might be a positive or negative. Operator is a great song too, and it really hasn't been played so much recently, as far as I know, so it might feel fresher. Keep us updated. Is this one of those shows where we get to vote?
–Lori

That Big Poppa vid is awesome. I think you should mash up a few rap songs- Big Poppa and a couple others, songs that the judges would be familiar with. That would definately get you in the door.

I don't like rap/hip-hop, so Big Poppa is out for me. And think of your voting audience, I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

I liked Fire & Rain and I'm sure I'd like Operator, too, but they might be a little too "old school" and mellow for some.

Honestly, especially from your performance, I think Billie Jean stands the best chance for riling up the crowd, plus it's more of a "cross generational" hit than the others.

Good luck with your audition. :)

Aloha Seeso,
Know your strengths and where they are....I think only you know the answer to that...whether it's ukulele, singing, or both....
Pick a song that you're familiar and comfortable with....and stay within your range...and type of song, fast or slow..or strumming or picking...Good Luck Buddy!
Go for it!!! MM Stan...

Voted for Billie Jean but Fire and Rain is my fav. I think a Michael Jackson tine will wow peeps more.

:agree: all sounded great seeso...but with the uke I think Billie Jean works better...and I'm assuming that, like in Australia, America's Got Talent probably has a fairly "youthful" viewing age demographic...Fire and Rain was awesome and James Taylor is a favorite of an ol' crusty like me, but Billie Jean is a bit more dynamic on the uke and faster tempo might work well at an audition like that...:2cents:

If I may be so bold as to express an opinion, I think you sing the ballads better than the pop or hip hop songs. Considering what it is that is talent, I think it is the power to emote, send out a feeling, and I pick this up more in your ballads. I think you harmonise with the ukulele better on those songs too.

I love your version of Fire and Rain....of course I could be biased as I just live James Taylor in general. Good Luck, I'll look forward to hearing how it goes!

Tough choices. Save the song you think is the best for the final. You should play War Pigs at some point if Sharon Osbourne is still a judge, but maybe not week one. I mean I've never seen that show. Best of luck Bro.

I love your voice in Fire and Rain and I voted for that. Not sure what the judges will prefer but I loved that one. Have fun with it and best of luck.

Top Bottom