The added fun of Home Videos

roxhum

Reaction score
I get such a kick watching the home videos. The youngest of the group making videos are in messy bedrooms, dorm rooms or cramped apartments. Then you have your men in over stuffed rooms with an assortment of musical instruments and other hobbie type equipment that a wife wouldn't want in the living room. I imagine that one room has been alloted as "his" room. Last you have the established grown up out in the living space of the house and it is nice and clean nice furniture, etc. Then amounts of cats and dogs that roam through the background while the videos are being made crack me up. The videos are so "real". Being the established grown up I envy the youth who take the time to play and make a video rather then making the bed. Us established grown ups could probably learn a thing or two.

That's why I don't make videos,I am one of the guys with the stuffed room full of musical instruments.Three hammonds,one korg,two large tone cabinets,two basses,three mandolins,two ukes,four amps and a lonely banjo.I would be ashamed to show a pic of it....Mike

I absolutely love those videos because they are so real. For me personally I never notice things in my house and then I will see a photograph and think, dang, I that wall that needs plastering sticks out, I had forgotten all about it.

Gee, Lucky I don't have a camera yet.....now you really got me worried..he he guess I gotta use an empty wall as background in the future...

I agree with you! There is one video.. the gal plays the uke beautifully, sings like a godess and all people comment is you should wash your laundry before you make another video! REALLY people??? I wont deny that I noticed, but it's not that important to me... I have never seen an obituary that said, did or didn't make bed or wash laundry every day... Life is too short. I would rather spend time with my kids and doing stuff that makes me feel good!!!

I agree with you! There is one video.. the gal plays the uke beautifully, sings like a godess and all people comment is you should wash your laundry before you make another video! REALLY people??? I wont deny that I noticed, but it's not that important to me... I have never seen an obituary that said, did or didn't make bed or wash laundry every day... Life is too short. I would rather spend time with my kids and doing stuff that makes me feel good!!!
Amen brother,well said!

I agree. These home-made videos are just more personal and add a great touch of the human element.

Jason

Those who can, make videos. Those who can't do laundry. :D

Hahaha- great post. I have yet to do a video in "my room"...I am fairly certain the site of that many accordions would send most people into fits. For now, I think I will introduce the Ukulele world to Ms. Scarlet No'Hara, my hairless cat. Her latest bit is to lay in my lap and yell while I play anyway, and what is better than Uke and an inside out cat?
Anyway, I would not be playing these things today if it were not for one late night on Youtube watching all the homegrown videos out there- Still think Hoosierhiver has the prize for best ever- great tune, beekeeping without a shirt, and PBR? Cannot be bested- no way, no how

Top Bottom