Introducting...

joeybug

Reaction score
...MEI the Blue Ukulele

DarlaMeiOctober2010.jpg

Darla is six today and loves her new ukulele and wants to learn all the songs I know (which should take about an afternoon!) She's really excited about learning and I plan to get her her own Royal Blue Uke Leash for Christmas since she has problems holding it, but I'm sure time will help with that too :D

I was well enough to celebrate her birthday, which is something some of you will know the importance of, others won't so here's a quick explanation.

Due to the conditions I have, I was told when Darla was just a baby that it would be "highly unlikely" for me to live long enough to see her start school or her fifth birthday, I saw her start school last year and her fifth birthday and even though I've been sick this time round, at least I was here. I plan to be here for many birthdays after this one..

Mahola (I hope that's right!) for the prayers and well wishes, you don't know how much I appreciate them, every year on my birthday we celebrate another year of beating my conditions and every time Darla gets a year older, I realise how blessed I am to have reached this far.

Aloha friends...

Great to hear....kids will do that....make your will to live to see them grow stronger than any ailment. God helps a little too ;-)

VERY glad you are with her, and with all of us Joey! Thanks for sharing!

Awwww, that smile's gotta be a tonic!! Me thinks she's gotta great godmother to give her a gift of music so young.
Fairy_Godmother_300.gif

Aloha Joey,
That's one happy God daughter that you've got there....Darla has the biggest smile there with Mei...Looks like one very happy girl!!!I'd save that picture when she grows up,,,,and give it to
her later in life...she'll thank you for it very much...ah...memories...soooo precious!! I think you got her the perfect gift!!!!! she's so lucky to have you!!
As for your current health condition, I''m sure your will to be with her will prolong your life throughout to your senior years...Kids and love will certainly do that for you...
Also I know how to spell mahalo and sometimes I mistype it Mahola too...actually it's Mahalo's...Thanks(Thank you very much-Mahalo nui loa, or short..Mahalo nui)
I will continue to be praying for your quick recovery.....God Bless and Take Care...MM Stan..

Darla and Mei are too cute. Thanks for the update.
God Bless you all,
DAP...oh yeah, it's Mahalo ;)

Good for YOU! Looks like she's having fun with the uke.

My best wishes to you.

She loves her Uke, she wants me to teach her how to play "You've Got A Friend In Me" because of the contest I was practising for, so I told her we'd start small, because all she knows is the C chord!

VERY glad you are with her, and with all of us Joey! Thanks for sharing!

ME too! I wasn't sure if I should share the true nature of my conditions because it upsets people, but I shoud have known UU would be okay :D

Awwww, that smile's gotta be a tonic!! Me thinks she's gotta great godmother to give her a gift of music so young.
Fairy_Godmother_300.gif

Awww, thank you! I knew she wanted one because when I brought Astrid she always wanted to play her and she certainly loves her Ukulele!

Aloha Joey,
That's one happy God daughter that you've got there....Darla has the biggest smile there with Mei...Looks like one very happy girl!!!I'd save that picture when she grows up,,,,and give it to
her later in life...she'll thank you for it very much...ah...memories...soooo precious!! I think you got her the perfect gift!!!!! she's so lucky to have you!!
As for your current health condition, I''m sure your will to be with her will prolong your life throughout to your senior years...Kids and love will certainly do that for you...
Also I know how to spell mahalo and sometimes I mistype it Mahola too...actually it's Mahalo's...Thanks(Thank you very much-Mahalo nui loa, or short..Mahalo nui)
I will continue to be praying for your quick recovery.....God Bless and Take Care...MM Stan..

Aloha Stan, Mahalo for the correction! I plan on living long enough to see her married and with children...I'm sure I'll make it :D

Darla and Mei are too cute. Thanks for the update.
God Bless you all,
DAP...oh yeah, it's Mahalo ;)

Mahalo for the correction and well wishes!

Happy Birthday to Darla from NY!! and many more happy birthdays for you all to celebrate!!

I shall send on your birthday wishes. She had a great day!

You and Darla will have to post a duet on YouTube. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

I shall have to work on that! Thanks, I'm feeling that much better since Wednesday when I started the antibiotics, wonderous things that they are!

Inspritational

Joey,
That is a great picture. She looks like she's really having a great time with it! Glad to see your posts again. I wasn't sure if you'd been on less or if I had just been missing them (it's been a busy week here).
Cheers!
Chris

hey Joey

that's such a great photo...she looks like the cat that got the cream!!! Really cute ukulele you got for her...beautiful rich royal blue colour. Real nice. She's sure a lucky girl to have you as her godmum...and how awesome to have a jamming partner. Like greatgazukes said, the gift of music is a precious precious thing, especially at such a young age...you're sewing seeds for a lifetime of music playing and appreciation in Darla...I think that the gift of music is 2nd only to the gift of love you can give to a child.
We continue to pray for your better health and just want to send warmest and fondest thoughts your way sister.
eugene

Happy Birthday to Darla and all the best to both of you. Keep up the good fight. A positive attitude goes a long way.

I shall pass on the birthday wishes, and I intend to :D

Awww, she looks so cute with her new uke! I hope she had a great birthday! Joey, I'm glad you are feeling better, too!

She loves it! I just tuned it up, she'd been asking me all morning (it's like 11:51am and I've been up since 11am) but I wanted to sleep in and now I hear the occaisonal plucking of strings!

Joey,
That is a great picture. She looks like she's really having a great time with it! Glad to see your posts again. I wasn't sure if you'd been on less or if I had just been missing them (it's been a busy week here).
Cheers!
Chris

Yeah, I had been on less from about Monday to Thursday when I started feeling that much better, Wednesday was the worst day for me, just felt like complete death!

She has that wild-eyed look of a depraved rock star in the making. Keep an eye on her. ;)

LOL, she is only 6!

hey Joey

that's such a great photo...she looks like the cat that got the cream!!! Really cute ukulele you got for her...beautiful rich royal blue colour. Real nice. She's sure a lucky girl to have you as her godmum...and how awesome to have a jamming partner. Like greatgazukes said, the gift of music is a precious precious thing, especially at such a young age...you're sewing seeds for a lifetime of music playing and appreciation in Darla...I think that the gift of music is 2nd only to the gift of love you can give to a child.
We continue to pray for your better health and just want to send warmest and fondest thoughts your way sister.
eugene

Thanks Eugene, and I'm glad it was a good gift, she seems to love it and I don't want to make it seem like work, the Ukulele should always be "fun", so I'm gonna teach her when she asks, not force her because otherwise she'll lose interest! Thanks for the prayers :D

She only knows the C chord?

NO PROBLEM. Try 'Brothers Sleeping' or as it is known in Europe 'Freres Jaquer'.....
This only uses the C chord.

Ukulele Ray.

She only knows the C chord?

NO PROBLEM. Try 'Brothers Sleeping' or as it is known in Europe 'Freres Jaquer'.....
This only uses the C chord.

Ukulele Ray.

Thanks for the recomendation! I shall try teaching her that today :D

Top Bottom