The RARE Ko'Aloha Hapa

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Okay...very excited about this - rarely seen outside of Japan, yes it's made in Hawaii - the Ko'Aloha Hapa Concert!!!! It is made for the Japanese market, I believe we are the only one outside of Japan to have one available. Funny thing is, with the exchange rate it's cheaper here than in Japan - if you can find one there!!!

hapa koaloha.jpgko hap.jpgkoaloha hapa.jpgko hapa.jpg
Specs:
Solid Spruce Top
Solid Koa Back & Sides
Maple Binding
Available only in Concert

Very cool, I like it quite a bit, especially the crown edging at the end of the fretboard.

How much are you selling it for?

How much are you selling it for?

You have to go through Kiwaya to get one. I contacted them way back in Feb. about these when I found out about them somehow. I was told it might be a year and the cost was $1500. About a month ago I heard Kiwaya USA recieved one (the one above I assume) of the 12 made since 2006. This is possibley the only one in the US. The spec I was give are

Koaloha HAPA
Size: Concert 380mm/ scale
Body Top: Sitka Spruce
Body Back & Side: Hawaiian Koa
Neck: Mahogany
Fingerboard: Hawaiian Milo, Side decoration: Maple
Bridge: Hawaiian Milo
Binding: Maple
Position mark: Abalone
Tuners: Goto
Nut and Saddle: Tusq
Frets: 13 fret joint 17 frets total

dnewton2 is correct. The price is $1500.00. There have only been 12 made and this is the only one in the U.S. I believe that this was one of four that were made in this latest batch. The other three went to Japan. I know this because this Hapa was built for me. I contacted Kiwaya USA back in January after seeing it on the KoAloha website and put my name on the waiting list. Kiwaya had no idea how long the wait would be given that Paul Okami is the only one that builds the Hapa. I got an email from Kiwaya USA about a month ago out of the blue saying that they had a Hapa for me! But due to budgetary constraints now, I had to pass on it. Ouch! Very painful to do after waiting almost 10 months for it. Oh well, my loss will be someone elses gain.

I saw these in production while I visited the factory a while back. They were beautiful. The binding was the perfect finishing touch to them. I could use a spruce-topped uke... good thing my UAS is in remission.

Great looking instrument! Unique without being quirky.

Top Bottom