Kamaka Concert arrived!

guitharsis

Reaction score
My Kamaka Concert arrived yesterday. After the wait from noon until 6 p.m. to let it acclimate, I opened the case. Absolutely gorgeous! The koa grain pattern has many different tones. The pics on the Artisan Guitar website are very good and got me interested but don't completely capture the beauty of this instrument.

I haven't changed the strings yet and even with the stock strings it sounds so sweet.
Very happy with this ukulele. I'll keep it forever.

Also can't say enough about Artisan Guitars customer service. My e-mails were answered immediately and after the purchase, follow up and shipment were very prompt. They packaged the ukulele very carefully and included free shipping

Last edited:
Happy New Uke Day...well yesterday! But still, yay for new Ukes! I'm glad you're so pleased with it :D Can't wait to hear and see your new Uke!

Congrats. Glad to hear it arrived safely. Look forward to some pics.

Aloha Guitharsis,
Congrats on the arrival of your new Kamaka concert ukulele...if you like the strings tone on it, and they sound good...keep it on!!!You may have received a really good sounding one and they
work well with it..Have Fun and enjoy!!! Thanks for sharing!!! "Keep strumming them strings"....Let us know how it goes....MM Stan...

I'm so glad you're happy with your new Kamaka! I'm also glad that you were as impressed with Artisan Guitars as I was. They really seem to care about the instruments they sell.

I agree that the stock strings didn't sound as terrible as I'd heard them to be! I switched mine to Worth CM and am glad I did, but the stocks were good too. Please post pictures as soon as you can!

Happy new uke day!!! Glad you are happy with your new Kamaka. Looking forward to some pics!!

My Kamaka Concert arrived yesterday... I haven't changed the strings yet and even with the stock strings it sounds so sweet...
Very happy with this ukulele. I'll keep it forever.

Yay and congratulations! I know what you mean about the strings - when I got my first Kamaka (the soprano) some time ago the sound was so beautiful that I didn't mind the stock strings. But then I got curious and changed them out, and was blown away by the difference.

That "I'll keep it forever" feeling is a good one, isn't it :) I've hardly been able to put my HF-2 down since it arrived Tuesday.

Congratulations! Enjoy you're new Kamaka!

After the wait from noon until 6 p.m. to let it acclimate, I opened the case.

..now that's what I call TLC! :p

Thanks all for your comments. It's always with some apprehension to purchase an instrument you haven't played or seen or heard. Natalie's positive experience and recommendation alleviated some of that. Also the pics on the website: www.artisanguitars.com are very good (probably better than any I could take).

Still a couple of Kamaka tenors left on the Artisan Guitar website if anyone is interested. :)

Thank you wicked and Badlands Bart!

Just received a nice follow up e-mail from Bill Warmoth at Artisan Guitars. He said the only issue they've had with Kamakas to date had been not being able to keep them in stock!

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful new Kamaka - a moment of catharthis for you, eh?

Wow guitharsis, you have a lineup of 'K' brand ukes!

I've been working on that too. :) Wanted to get them before the prices increased due to the demand. Don't have any more instruments I want to sell though. Still have two classical guitars and two mandolins, but want to keep them. Just may want to play them again someday.

Was perusing the Flea Market Marketplace and saw some great deals on K brand ukuleles if anyone is interested. Kamaka, KoAloha and Kanile'a . . .

I've been working on that too. :) Wanted to get them before the prices increased due to the demand. Don't have any more instruments I want to sell though. Still have two classical guitars and two mandolins, but want to keep them. Just may want to play them again someday.

Was perusing the Flea Market Marketplace and saw some great deals on K brand ukuleles if anyone is interested. Kamaka, KoAloha and Kanile'a . . .

Checking it out now! :)

Top Bottom