Uke Group Classes

katelynakeller

Reaction score
:iwant:

Hey Everyone,

My name is Katie and I work at a music store in a suburb of Chicago. I thought this would be a great place for be to start poking around for the new Uke Group Class I am starting here at the store. I am open for any suggestions that you all may have for me - but to be a little specific, outside of all your uke enthusiasm and knowledge, of what I am looking for input on.

Some of the struggles I have run into in planning this course has been 1. A snappy name for the group. My coworker keeps suggesting "Uke Can Do It!" There needs to be something else out there, no? 2. Curriculum for beginners and intermediate level players. I don't personally play, yet, so I am not sure what is the appropriate technique and pace for different age groups. and 3. Promotional and marketing strategies to make this class smokin' hot.

Any input is greatly appreciated! Can't wait to interact with you all!

Katie

I'm sure there are people who live outside the Chicatgo area who will give you great advice about starting, naming and running group ukulele classes, but to reach your target audience, you might consider (1) contacting UU member and super duper moderator Seeso, who is in the Chicago Area, and (2) posting in the "Regional Get Togethers" section and/or reposting in this "Uke Talk" forum with the word "Chicago" in the thread heading to attract responses from the people who would be most interested in taking your class. Others know more about this than I do, but there are people who gather in the Chicago area to play ukulele together that call themselves "CHUG."

1. how about 'Windy City Strummers"?

2. check out the links below my signature for some hints.

3. sorry, not much of a 'promoter'. I'm thinking posting and word of mouth.

Hope you get a good group going.

Top Bottom