Jealous!! Would like a uke group in my area?

lozarkman

Reaction score
I read of you lucky ones that have a group you can play and enjoy uke talk with and I am SO jealous!! I am just wondering if any of you live in the lake of ozarks area encompassing, Camdenton, Laurie, Osage Beach, Lake Ozark, Eldon, Gravois Mill, Macks creek, Lebanon, Missouri that might respond to see if we can get together to organize a group in our area. I think I am going to post some feeler notes on bulletin boards around the area to see if anyone responds. Any other ideas? I think there might be a group in Springfield, but it is hour and half away which is a bit for an evening. Thanks!! Lozark

Try your local music stores. See if they can hook you up with other players. You should go up to the group in Springfield at least once, to see if anybody else makes the pilgrimage from your area that might be interested in joining your group closer to home. Anywhere you can find to play in public like open mics and such will also bring other uke players out of the woodwork. Good Luck. Andy, member High Desert Sand Fleas.

You might also post an announcement in the "community" section of your local Craigslist(s).

There's also Meetup.com, although that costs a small amount of money to set up a Meetup.

JJ

I hear you. The closest one to me is the St. Louis group which is 100 miles to the southwest of us.
Wish there was one in central illinois. Oh well at least I got my family group.

You may have a hard time finding enough uke players in your immediate area, but I bet you could gather enough string players (guitars, bass, violins, anything with strings) to start a group. Just a thought.

You may have a hard time finding enough uke players in your immediate area, but I bet you could gather enough string players (guitars, bass, violins, anything with strings) to start a group. Just a thought.

I think that is a great thought. As much as I love my SEUkers meetings, most of the groups I really like on YT have other instruments in addition to the ukulele. Its hard to have a good band with only one kind of instrument.

I think that is a great thought. As much as I love my SEUkers meetings, most of the groups I really like on YT have other instruments in addition to the ukulele. Its hard to have a good band with only one kind of instrument.
We have several uke groups, but the one I enjoy most is called Strings and Things. It's designed for those of us venturing beyond ukulele (although ukes are def. welcome). Lots of guitars, basses, violins dulcimers etc, show up.

Top Bottom