Anyone laser engrave a headstock logo?

Taylor uses a laser to make engrave Baby rosettes, profile backs tops and sides along with a number of other processes.

I just want a Ukulele with frickin' lazers... throw me a bone here....

I call it my...

U-Kill-lele!

>holds his pinky finger to his mouth<

We have a laser engraver at work and it can engrave wood (we use it for aluminum). Has anyone ever had any type of engraving or a logo done with a laser on the headstock? Pictures to share? I was thinking about doing a logo or design and engraving it there.

Ummmm, KoAloha comes to mind. . .

Yes, we've been engraving our head stocks since day one. We bought our own laser a couple of years ago, so all of the work is now done in house. What kind of wood are you using and what's the wattage on your laser at work? I might be able to give you some starting calibrations. Be sure to experiment on a few scraps first, to nail down the exact settings.

I will definately be experimenting, and the headcap wood will be curly Koa.

I browsed through the wood engraving section of the manual quickly the other day and will start with the settings listed for speed and power and go from there.

For aluminum we use 20% power & 100% speed, this way you just blast off the top layer of the anodizing. I know wood will be different and will try scrap pieces first.

Our laser is 75 Watts.

Are you guys gonna set up a service for luthier engraving?? I might be interested in that

Top Bottom