la paula concert ukulele by joel eckhaus

jemdrum

Reaction score
I am very attracted to this uke despite the price . I have heard a few reports of his other ukes (he makes the ukulele hall of fame ones) but can find very little chat/comment/first hand opinion of these ukes. Has anybody out there reading these posts had experience with the earnest ukuleles ?

The La Paula was one of my" grail ukes" when I started playing, and I tried to find out as much as I could about it. There wasn't much written/posted about it out there, but from what I could gather, it's overwhelmingly positive. Although I'm not as interested in a ukulele that look like a Les Paul now (I bought a K_Wave LP back then), in the back of my mind I still would like a La Paula someday. Earnest Instruments have stellar reputation and I'm confident that the La Paula would be a great instrument.

I have a black K Wave one which I picked up in Tokyo. Strung with Aquilas it has an ok sound but the pickup has a very thin and brittle sound even through a Baggs Para Acoustic DI. I have done many shows with it now and really want something with a bigger, warmer acoustic sound and better basic pickup signal

Joel makes great instruments and these are no exception. Great attention to detail and fantastic instruments.

Top Bottom