a good Day in the Shed

Timbuck

Reaction score
I was running out of Martin style soprano bridges for my next batch of uke's ..So I spent an enjoyable day making some more ..I set out to make 50:D..but had to scrap 6:(...So 44 bridges in 8 hours = 1 every 10.9 min's? I make it...I like to make them in varying thickness so i can match them to the uke's action...(saves on the sanding and fitting later on)
PICT8669.jpg

Last edited:
Those are sexy Timbuck. I've been drilling two bridges back to back to make the semicircle string hole thingy thing like my StewMac soprano kit had, I like yours much better. What size bit are you using?
The last run it took me all day to make 8 bridges... but I had to make a jig first.

I made a bridge for a soprano the other day, but I didn't cut a slot for the saddle. I slid a piece of nylon guitar string under as a saddle (just enough to raise the strings) Good result all round..

Talk about "swings and Rounderbouts":mad:...I just spent 3 hrs making 45 tailblocks all with a nice radius..and I had to scrap the lot co's I'd made them 4 mm too short.

I agree, Flyfish. There is something mysteriously compelling about an image of multiple components like that, and Timbuck does it nicely. Does it have the same endorphin-raising effect on non-luthiers?

I agree, Flyfish. There is something mysteriously compelling about an image of multiple components like that, and Timbuck does it nicely. Does it have the same endorphin-raising effect on non-luthiers?

Yes! And kindles desire to try my hand at it too.

Top Bottom