2011 Ukulele Calendar Project

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
Calling all great Uke photographers!

Last year, I wished I could find a Ukulele themed calendar, and was unsuccessful. So this year, I want to create a 2011 Ukulele Themed Calendar featuring professional quality photos of interesting and beautiful ukuleles. I would like each month to offer 2 to 3 photos, either showing the entire ukulele, or a detail, or both. I would like to feature a great variety of ukuleles from different manufacturers and luthiers, ranging from inexpensive ukuleles that are colorful or novel, to high end beauties with inlays. It probably will be offered by a Print-on-Demand site like CafePress, and I would also link it to my ukeleash.com site.

The profits will go to a local Los Angeles ukulele program: Ukuleles For Kids – http://www.californiaukulelefestival.com/ukulelesforkids/about.php

So, I have started getting some really nice high resolution photos from some of our favorite Ukulele companies and Luthiers. Some manufacturers have photos for web, but not for print. That is were you all can help. If you have any high resolution photos that you would be willing to contribute to this project (you would get a photo credit) and if the ukulele maker agrees to participate, your ukulele might be in the calendar. Any good Fluke/Flea photos out there...Kanile'a, Mya-Moe, Mainland?

*These need to be really nice beauty shots.
*Backgrounds should be attractive and uncluttered.
*Lighting should be attractive and professional looking, without flash hotspots.
*These photos need to be big enough for a 11 inch printout at 150 dpi or better.

Several companies are still on the fence about participating, so maybe if we show them a few photos, they might give approval.

If you have something to show me for consideration, you can attach a low res version to this thread, or email it to me at ukeleash@me.com.

Looking forward to seeing your beautiful photos.

–Lori

Aloha Lori,
Good Idea, can't wait to see them....or at least some pic's for consideration....MM Stan..

Hey Lori -- Would you be interested in photos of my Moore Bettah? If Chuck doesn't mind I have photos he sent me that look pretty nice.

Hey Lori -- Would you be interested in photos of my Moore Bettah? If Chuck doesn't mind I have photos he sent me that look pretty nice.
Hi Sukie
Chuck has been very helpful, and has mailed a flash card full of hi res photos, which is on it's way. His ukuleles are so beautiful, it would be easy to do a whole calendar on just his designs. If you have the energy to take a beauty shot of your uke, I am sure he would be fine with it if it was chosen. I would show it to him first, just to be sure though. This is going to be a really good calendar!

–Lori

Great project Lori

Sent a pic (trio) of my KoAlohas and Kamaka soprano. Will try to take some more artistic photos and include my Kamaka concert.

I have been getting some nice photos! Still no photos for Fleas and Flukes though. I hoped to showcase a novelty design.. like maybe a Camp Flea sitting on a rock in the woods, or a Bamboo Fluke against bamboo foliage, or a Cowboy Fluke on a bale of hay, or any Fluke or Flea in the sand at the beach...
If you live in the Los Angeles area, I would possibly try and photograph one myself. I may have to check the local stores...

–Lori

Hi Sukie
Chuck has been very helpful, and has mailed a flash card full of hi res photos, which is on it's way. His ukuleles are so beautiful, it would be easy to do a whole calendar on just his designs. If you have the energy to take a beauty shot of your uke, I am sure he would be fine with it if it was chosen. I would show it to him first, just to be sure though. This is going to be a really good calendar!

–Lori

Wait and see what he sends you. He may very well include mine. It's the one with the flamingoes on it -- duh! Any of his are gorgeous. Hurry up and get this made. I really, really want one.

Wait and see what he sends you. He may very well include mine. It's the one with the flamingoes on it -- duh! Any of his are gorgeous. Hurry up and get this made. I really, really want one.
Sukie
Yes, there are photos of your flamingo ukulele. The resolution could be better, since at the current size some of the images would be around 6 inches tall, when the image size for the calendar is 11 inches square. It could be used as a detail shot... we will see what is high res, and what goes well with it. Chuck has so much great stuff to choose from... I am tempted to give 2 months to him, as well as Dave Talsma. I am still waiting on several companies/ luthiers, so if they decide not to participate, it will leave more room for the people who said yes.
–Lori

Top Bottom