Martin Backpacker Guitar/Ukulele Trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuscadero

Reaction score
Hi, Not sure if this is the right board to post this (feel free to shuffle me off to guitar discussion) I have a Martin Backpacker guitar (6 strings, not a uke) with gig bag and strap, that I bought about 7 years ago. I bought it thinking that it might be easier to play than a traditional guitar, because I've got tiny little mutant fingers. But it actually has a pretty wide neck and I didn't put much play on it at all.
I discovered the ukulele this year and have made more progress in 5 months than in all my years as a painful guitar failure. I was looking at the backpacker last night and thinking what a shame it is that it doesn't get played, that's just a sin against a sweet little instrument. I know some of you play guitar too, and I was wondering if you'd like to trade one of your lonelier ukes for my sad Martin?
I'm not picky, really, but I'd love to get something I don't already have. I have a soprano tuned to D (to practice Mario Bros. on) a cheap Hilo Baritone, a concert Fluke and a concert Stagg (with low G). That's a LOT of ukes for 5 months, eh?! So, I guess a tenor would round out the category, or a pineapple soprano for something different.
Since the Martin's been hanging dormant for a while, I'll throw this in to the mix. I live near the Music Emporium in Lexington, MA. They are a pretty premium acoustic guitar/banjo/uke shop. I'll bring the Martin in for a tune up and get a good bill of health on it before I trade it to you, on my tab.
Any takers?

Last edited:
Any Luck?

Any luck in trading your backpacker? I have a nice KOA Lanikai Uke that I think would be a fair trade if your still in the market.

That does sound sweet, but I just shipped out the backpacker on Monday. Thanks for the inquiry though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom