Sound test - My Fluke with K&K bigshot added

bazmaz

Reaction score
It sounds great Paul. I can't tell much difference in tone between the plugged (sans the effects) and unplugged, which is a good thing.

Did you install it yourself? If so, where did you mount the pickup? Later edit: Ooops, I just read the blog post before the sound sample, and found that you did indeed install it yourself. Good job.

Paul - when you say in the blog that you managed to place it just behind the bridge, I assume that by behind you mean between the bridge and the neck? No way I could reach my fingers between the bridge and bottom of my flea, but I have short fngers.

Cool, Paul. Thanks for sharing. I read your blog regularly, but for some reason can't comment there.

Reached right in, it is stuck very slightly behind bridge!

Re the blog, others are commenting, its set for me to approve though?

The sound is good.
Watching the video, I saw the familiar shifting around of the slippery plastic back.
I bought a set of the foamy back sticker strips from Flea market and it solved that for me.
These things made a huge difference for me at only $3.95. They look gray in my picture, but they're black:
http://www.fleamarketmusic.com/store/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=255
EMP%20Grip%20Strips-DET.jpg

Attachments

• fluke strips.jpg
    fluke strips.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 4
It was slipping, but honest I don't find it does normally. Was just concentrating more on the camera than the uke

By the way, I checked my Flea factory Big Shot installation - it is centered on the lower bout, between the straight bottom edge and the brace - not on the bridge plate. Your installation sounds good, so I guess that's OK too.

Yeah, since read elsewhere that retro fit is better to the side off bridge. That said, I'm dead happy with how clear and warm it sounds, so may leave as is

Top Bottom