The Rose by Bette Midler - Ukulele Cover

joeybug

Reaction score

I apologise for the stuffy cold singing, I'm still not 100% from this cold/chest infection, but I wanted to show it off :D

Hope you like it!

Joey

Great job Joey!! You are really getting better and better, that was really a great job!
Pretty soon you will be Jake's opening act!!!!

Excellent work!

Joey,

I'm glad to see that you are feeling better! I really enjoyed that - you have a beautiful, soothing voice! Keep up the good singing and playing, and best wishes for a full recovery!

Beautifull.. Way to go girl.. :) I love hearing your stuff it only gets better and better, and i hope that you feel better soon too..
Keep on strummin

Great job Joey!! You are really getting better and better, that was really a great job!
Pretty soon you will be Jake's opening act!!!!

Thanks, though I doubt I'll ever get THAT good, I still can't do the blasted up strum!

Excellent work!

Thanks, Chris :D

Joey,

I'm glad to see that you are feeling better! I really enjoyed that - you have a beautiful, soothing voice! Keep up the good singing and playing, and best wishes for a full recovery!

I am feeling better and I'm glad you enjoyed it :D I plan to see the doctor today and see if I can come off the antibiotics or if they need to continue!

Beautifull.. Way to go girl.. :) I love hearing your stuff it only gets better and better, and i hope that you feel better soon too..
Keep on strummin

Thanks, my next goal is to play Time Of Your Life because I LOVE that song and am making an anaimation and it would be great to back it with my own singing!

Sounding good there Joey, great to hear your development. Getting heaps better...

Cheers

Thanks, I'll keep plugging away, I try to do the up strum every now and then, but blah, it's not working!

Would you feel any better if I told you I spent DAYS when I first got a uke just doing up and down strumming...didn't know any chords back then......arrrrgh

Did you spot this thread?? up strumming or you did and its hopeless???? (lol :))

Would you feel any better if I told you I spent DAYS when I first got a uke just doing up and down strumming...didn't know any chords back then......arrrrgh

I just read the thread and am going to give it a go, I can do it whilst not thinking about it, but when I think, my thumb nail gets caught in the strings, time to trim it?

Very nice, that's one on my list of "to learn" songs. Now I know how it's done. Good to see and hear you Joey!
BTW, the upstrum rocks & I love NCIS too :)
DAP

Very nice, that's one on my list of "to learn" songs. Now I know how it's done. Good to see and hear you Joey!
BTW, the upstrum rocks & I love NCIS too :)
DAP

Thanks :D There was no upstrum, still working on that! And NCIS is my obsession!

Oops, I meant downstrum. The elusive upstrum is not needed to bring a smile to people's faces when you play the uke. You rock the downstrum very well. The upstrum will get there. Good list of songs you're learnging too. You've picked some toughies, I've never heard of "Busted", I'll check it/them/him/her out.
DAP

Oops, I meant downstrum. The elusive upstrum is not needed to bring a smile to people's faces when you play the uke. You rock the downstrum very well. The upstrum will get there. Good list of songs you're learnging too. You've picked some toughies, I've never heard of "Busted", I'll check it/them/him/her out.
DAP

Busted were my early twenties obsession! They were a British band, came into appearance in 2002/03 and split in 2005 when bastard Charlie left (no I'm not still bitter, honest ;)) I followed them round the country for a year, did 17,000 miles, 17 concerts and met then 5 times :D Ah, those were the days!

Busted were my early twenties obsession! They were a British band, came into appearance in 2002/03 and split in 2005 when bastard Charlie left (no I'm not still bitter, honest ;)) I followed them round the country for a year, did 17,000 miles, 17 concerts and met then 5 times :D Ah, those were the days!
Busted rocks! It's quite dissapointing when your favorite band breaks up, sorry, (Damn that Charlie) Their songs are good high energy fun, I see why you liked them. I'll be looking forward to your next vid, what's next on your list?
DAP

Busted rocks! It's quite dissapointing when your favorite band breaks up, sorry, (Damn that Charlie) Their songs are good high energy fun, I see why you liked them. I'll be looking forward to your next vid, what's next on your list?
DAP

Probably Time of your Life since I love that song sooo much! Busted co-incided with me being retired from my job on medical grounds, I had nothing else to do and Year 3000 came on the radio and man, I was hooked! I used to write my first book to them (and the subsequent eight that have followed), I follow both James and Matt on Twitter, I have never really forgiven Charlie since he left to write "real" music..bah!

Probably Time of your Life since I love that song sooo much! Busted co-incided with me being retired from my job on medical grounds, I had nothing else to do and Year 3000 came on the radio and man, I was hooked! I used to write my first book to them (and the subsequent eight that have followed), I follow both James and Matt on Twitter, I have never really forgiven Charlie since he left to write "real" music..bah!
I'll be watching for your posting of Time of your life. I think I'll take a hint from you and start learning some xmas tunes. I can't remember what or who I was listening to back in 2002, likely not a new or current artist or band, I had no radio in the car at the time for my long commute to work. Even If I had, being some 20 yrs your senior I didn't have much interest in new and current, (old dog, no new tricks please). Now that I'm learning the uke I'm more into older songs I've always liked. Problem with the older tunes is, the folks here have already done/heard um much better than I can do them. But I like play'n um anyway.
That's great that you've got stuff on your list that hasn't been "overdone" on the uke.

Good job Joeybug. You can definitely play the uke and sing. In my book, thats a big accomplishment.

Good job Joeybug. You can definitely play the uke and sing. In my book, thats a big accomplishment.

Thanks Bob, I like your playing too, you did a great job on the You've Got a Friend In Me Contest :D

Top Bottom