Not Entirely Sure Where to Put This...

Any of y'all know what brand.model of uke is used in the music video of "Hey, Soul Sister", or if it's a custom one? I'm not really wanting to buy it(not now at any rate), just wanting to know.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpv8-5XWOI

I might be wrong but I think it's a Fender. Very average quality for the ukes, I'd say ... but Train probably used it for the video cause it's got the Fender headstock.

SC

It's a Fender alright. I haven't heard many good things about them, but hey, if you're in a band like Train and only need it for one song, and Fender probably GIVES them to you.... then what the heck!

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but a music store in Minnesota called Groth Music started carrying a solid mahogany tenor Fender that looks and plays pretty nice. If I recall, it's about $250-$300.

Billy Corgan is playing a Fender uke in a YouTube video.

One thing that you have to remember is that Fender owns a number of instrument manufacturers and they have probably the best custom shop in the world.

Unless someone has actually seen the exact ukulele that Train, I think Jimmy Stafford, plays there is no way to know if it is a true production Fender ukulele or one that came out of their custom shop.

John

The Train guitar player is probably a Fender endorsee, so I bet he used the Fender uke as part of his contract with Fender.
I am not knocking on Fender, I have never played one of their ukes, but my American Deluxe Strat is one of my favorite guitars.

In the video "Soul Sister" guitarist Jimmy Stafford plays a Fender Nohea (the lam Koa model) It's a real looker and really shows itself well on video which is probably why he's playing it. In concert, Stafford plays the Fender Pa'ina, a solid mahogany tenor with a passive pickup. I have one and it's one of the best built and sounding tenors I have found for the money. And I although I don't gig with it, I keep it in my collection because it's a Fender. I also have a feeling that much like the Epiphone Masterbuilt Soprano, it will eventually be discontinued and it's collector's value might increase.

Just my two cents...

Mike
www.theukulelecowboysociety.com

Top Bottom