Europe trip

ukevin123

Reaction score
Alright so this summer in July I'm going to be going on a trip to Europe with a group of my friends and others from my school. Family paid for most of the trip but I had to come up with all of the spending money (which put me in a lot cause the dollar is worth nothing). The only thing i really need the spending money though is for lunch, cause everything else is included.

So i was thinkin why not use that money to buy me a nice new ukulele!
The only thing is I'm not sure how many places or if there are any that even sell them. I was wonderin if some one could give me the name of some places that might sell them over there.

Here's a list of the cities

Rome
Pompeii
Vatican City
Florence
Pisa Cinque Terre
Milan
Paris
Barcelona
San Sebastion
Pamplona
Burgos
Madrid

Thanks in advance

Vatican City

ive heard some of the best ukes are made by the hands of god in the vatican. his hands pop out of the sky and does a little wood working, and in a jiffy he has some holy HOLY ukes.

lol i couldnt help my self. Europe is beast i love it, i lived in belgium for a long time, i really want to go back. =)

ive heard some of the best ukes are made by the hands of god in the vatican. his hands pop out of the sky and does a little wood working, and in a jiffy he has some holy HOLY ukes.

lol i couldnt help my self. Europe is beast i love it, i lived in belgium for a long time, i really want to go back. =)

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter? Just saying.....

man that sounds like one hell of a trip. you're going to have so much fun in europe. my advice to you is to buy a beater uke and save your money to buy a nice ukulele when you're back home. with that many cities in your itinerary, you have to worry about it getting lost, stolen, broken, etc. there are plenty of pickpockets and petty thieves to worry about. you also have to worry about the many places things get lost/misplaced (planes, trains, buses, hotels). you'll probably have a better time traveling without the worries of protecting a valuable instrument. i'm not saying you shouldn't buy a nice uke while you're traveling, but just wanted to forewarn you. if you see something gorgeous on the road that can't be bought where you live, go for it!

in any event, have a blast on your trip. consider me jealous!

Wasn't Jesus a carpenter? Just saying.....

jesus "the uker" christ

(im sorry if i offeded anyone)

after thinking bout your problem wouldn't it be cheaper for you to get a uke in the US, obviously if you find an amazing uke get it, but im just saying.

I do know that Rome, milan, and madrid should have a decent amount of stores, they are major cities and you should be able to find some custom instrument shops.
Because ukes are a "new world" instrument it might be hard to find (obviously im no expert, im just inferring with my knowledge that its hard to find anything on the mainland).

i suggest using an Italian/Spanish "yellow pages" to see if you can locate any stores in the areas your staying at.

Try to escape the group at some point (perhaps late at night is best) and take a train to Germany. When you arrive, spend your money on a nice Brueko ukulele and keep the change for later. Then, get back on the train before daybreak.

Result: a cool uke, a cool story, our respect, and a bucket full of adrenaline:rock:

Aw, you're missing my corner of Europe. How disappointing. I know you can get some fine, fine, FINE, mahalo ukuleles up here in Northern Ireland.

Paris

I know 2 shops in Paris,

R.F Charle
17 Galerie Vero-Dodat 75001 PARIS
Tel +33 142 333 893 Fax +33 140 410 773
Look for "UKES"

In this shop you'll find little treasaures, dobro ukes, old Martin ukes, and also "classic ukes" like Kala's or Flea/Flukes.

Rome Instruments
ROME INSTRUMENTS
54, Rue de Rome 75008 PARIS
Tél +33 142 932 362
Fax +33 140 080 807
From Thursday to Saturday
9h30 - 13h00 & 14h00 - 18h30
http://www.romeinstruments.com/

This one is particular because sometimes they got ukes of great quality, sometimes they don't, something to try !

PS : Enjoy your trip !!
Never been to Italy but went in Spain and Barcelona, San Sebastion and Madrid are fabulous cities !!

Last edited:
This sounds like a fantastic trip. A word to the wise - all those stories you hear about bag snatchers in Barcelona - believe them. They carry knives, ride bikes, punch people (the knives are to slit the straps, not the victim). Most Barceloninos are lovely people and aghast at the bagsnatchers but it pays to be a bit street savvy when out and about. Wear any bags at the front of your body with the straps across your body and make sure they are got good thick straps. Look at what the locals do! If you get chance, learn a phrase or two in Catalan. They'll love you for it.

And I think I'd get a beater uke to take too. Although slotting Germany and a Brueko into the trip sounds like a wonderful option. Enjoy.

I''m going to hitch-hike myself to Italy through Switzerland in about two weeks (from Holland)

For that purpose I recently bought a Brueko nr6 (secondhand) for a very reasonable price. Now , I'm really loving this soprano for just strumming and singing , it has a very sweet and exciting sound. Get one !

Not comparable in build quality to my ohana, and as soon as you start fingerpicking it becomes clear that it just doesn't have that special tone.

Good luck,

Robert

Top Bottom