New got a new Eleuke with a buzz

drumgods

Reaction score
I ran across a new Tenor Eleuke in a little music store about 30 minutes from my house. They were selling it for $150 and I couldn't pass it up.

Problem is it seems to buzz from about the 2nd to 4th or 5th fretts on pretty much every string. I'm assuming there's no truss rod in this thing. I don't know if you would adjust the bridge or replace the nut to fix this. It may even just be the crappy strings it came with.

I'm wondering if it is worth it to change the strings before contacting Eleuke about the buzzing. I don't really have a local source to get good strings from so I would have to order a few sets. I've been using Aquilas since I found them. I assume they would be fine on this too.

Any opinions on how to deal with this? Anybody dealt with Eleuke and repairs or warranty?

Drumgods,

I had the same problem with my Concert Eleuke. New strings did the trick. AND... it took me awhile to get used to the inherent differences between and acoustic and a solid body electric. Getting a few miles behind the wheel in my Eleuke helped a lot. I've had good luck with both Aguilas and Koolau Golds on mine. And of course, if all else fails you can always adjust the nut or bridge just s smidge. It'll all come together soon for you. In time you'll learn to love that Eleuke.

Top Bottom