Skype ukulele get-togethers

Amoore135

Reaction score
I have read on here that some people give ukulele lessons over skype. I was wondering if anyone might be interested in organizing more informal audio/video chats. I tink it could work well with a few people who just want to get together and talk, play, or share pointers in a live setting. My skype address is amoore135. If anyone is interested let me know.

We have something like that, it's called UU Mini Jams. We typically get on around 10 or 11 EST time and play/talk/hang out til whenever. A lot of us are pretty close and have actually traveled and stayed at each others houses before we actually "met" in real life. On the top of the Uke Talk forum is a thread called "UU Mini Jam" Whenever we go on it, we update that thread to let people know. You can also search uu mini jams on facebook and join the grp to get messages.

It's located at http://uuminijams.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there.

The mini jam thing sounds cool. I will try it out. I think I could also be fun to get a couple of people together on Skype as well though. I am not sure how many people are usually in the mini jam, but I often find that larger chat rooms can be a little hectic.

The mini jam thing sounds cool. I will try it out. I think I could also be fun to get a couple of people together on Skype as well though. I am not sure how many people are usually in the mini jam, but I often find that larger chat rooms can be a little hectic.

The most that the jams allows is 20 people. We have had that many before but it depends on the night for how many people are there. At the beginning of the night there are just a few people. At the height of the evening there can by about 10 people on. We all mute ourselves while one person plays so as not to disturb that persons performance. There is no pressure to play, but you won't find a more welcoming forum. The chat isn't typically hectic. But this way everyone can be on camera. I am not sure how many people skype allows on at a time. Believe me, the minijams is where its at.

It can be anywhere from 5 to I think 21 was our record? Something like that. Weekends are slow but we're there every weekday pretty much, sometimes even have early jams. It can be just hanging talking to a theme night to just playing music.

There's gonna be an early jam tomorrow! *grin*

I think I'll be on most of the day...

Top Bottom