Another Brozman video form Wukulele 2010

Ken Middleton

Reaction score
Another Brozman video from Wukulele 2010

Wukulele 2010

Here is Bob playing another Ohana Delta Reso as part of his set at the Wukulele Festival a few weeks back.

This reso is called the Classic.

Many thanks to Bob for his kind permission to use these videos.

Last edited:
That sounded good, man i wish i had been there.. Thanks for sharing Ken :)

Ahh good old Bob. I did a blues slide guitar workshop with him in Sheffield many years ago, he's amazing.

At Wukulele he did an all ukulele set. Amazing.

That sounded good, man i wish i had been there.. Thanks for sharing Ken :)

The Wukulele Festival isn't far from you, but there won't be one next year. However, the Cheltenham Festival is definately on next year and that's an even bigger event.

The Wukulele Festival isn't far from you, but there won't be one next year. However, the Cheltenham Festival is definately on next year and that's an even bigger event.

I'm going to have to make an effort to get the kids fostered out for the weekend and get myself a weekend of ukulele goodness next year.. I'm feeling drawn to it, like a moth to light..

Must say everything about Wukulele Festival was great, best festival I've been to. Brozman was a definite highlight, loved it when he leapt off stage and played amongst the audience. What a star and what a night! Look forward to seeing what the organisers come up with for the next one, sounds like it'll be 2012 though but worth waiting for on the strength of this year's - how could they top that?

Can't make it to the Cheltenham one but Hollesley will be good and hoping Belgium Uke Fest is on again this year too. So many festivals, so little time!

Must say everything about Wukulele Festival was great, best festival I've been to. Brozman was a definite highlight, loved it when he leapt off stage and played amongst the audience. What a star and what a night! Look forward to seeing what the organisers come up with for the next one, sounds like it'll be 2012 though but worth waiting for on the strength of this year's - how could they top that?

Can't make it to the Cheltenham one but Hollesley will be good and hoping Belgium Uke Fest is on again this year too. So many festivals, so little time!

I think the Belgian festival will be on again in 2011, but it will be at a smaller venue, close to Sint Niklaas where it was held in 2009.

It is a pity you can't make it to Cheltenham. This year it was the best ukulele festival in Europe by a long way (IMHO). Next year looks to be even better with acts like The Re-Entrants, James Hill and UkuleleBartt on the bill.

Highlights for me this year also included Paris, which had a lovely relaxed atmosphere, and Hollesley, which was quieter and really friendly.

I certainly agree with you about the concerts at the Wukulele Festival: they were superb and the acts were varied and stylish, though not all were to everyone's taste. Brozman was fantastic and held the audience spellbound. I don't believe that was a great festival, however. Sadly, I felt that it lacked any kind of festival atmosphere. I am sure that Daniela, the organisor, will look at this year's event and make an assessment as to what needs to be be improved, and then stage a great festival in two year's time, in 2012.

Ken, much respect for you here. I've been an avid fan of yours for almost a year now, since I started getting into the ukulele. The Hollesley video on your Youtube Channel of you and your buddy doing "Hey Joe" is incredible. Love your reviews, too. I just noticed the other day that it looks like you need to update your uke collection on your website.

Ken, much respect for you here. I've been an avid fan of yours for almost a year now, since I started getting into the ukulele. The Hollesley video on your Youtube Channel of you and your buddy doing "Hey Joe" is incredible. Love your reviews, too. I just noticed the other day that it looks like you need to update your uke collection on your website.

Thanks very much for that comment, SK. Yes, I was very pleased with the version that Tony and I did of Hey Joe. We didn't prepare it. It just seemed to work.

I tried it again at the Wine Country Fest in Napa with Little6ster and Boozelele. That worked well too, except I messed up the start of it a bit. It's on the Compilation video, by the way.

Ken, sounds like we went to different events! I guess it's all down to personal taste and what kind of festival you like - there are so many now and they're all very different in tone. I thought the Wukulele atmosphere was great, everyone was so friendly, had a really chilled time. Loved the fringe stuff and the big jam. Thought London Uke Fest was good fun last year, hope they get another one together this year. Brighton are doing a ukulele day of concerts, workshops and jams in December so may try to get to that too. Otherwise, next stop Belgium uke fest!

Ken, sounds like we went to different events! I guess it's all down to personal taste and what kind of festival you like - there are so many now and they're all very different in tone. I thought the Wukulele atmosphere was great, everyone was so friendly, had a really chilled time. Loved the fringe stuff and the big jam. Thought London Uke Fest was good fun last year, hope they get another one together this year. Brighton are doing a ukulele day of concerts, workshops and jams in December so may try to get to that too. Otherwise, next stop Belgium uke fest!

Yes, like Wukulele, the London event was amazing too, but that wasn't a typical festival either. I feel fornunate that I am able to attend all the major European Festivals and some of the US ones. They are certainly all different. A really successful festival is not really just dependent on the quality of the performers. There are many other factors.

Anyway, next year, besides Cheltenham and Belgium, look out for Dublin, Germany, Paris and Italy. Like Belgium, the Paris event will be small and intimate with a really lovely atmosphere. In 2009, Dublin was simply wonderful. Again, in 2009 the Italian Fest in Vicenza had a beautifully friendly vibe. There hasn't been a German Fest for two years, but I feel sure that there will be one in 2011. No doubt other festivals will happen too.

We were so fortunate this year that so much happened in the UK. We had 3 big events (all different) at Cheltenham, Hollesley and Worthing, as well as smaller happenings at places like Belper, Kiddermister and Sheffield. As you say, the one day mini-fest in Brighton in December should be fun too.

Top Bottom