O'ahu's Restaurant, Everett, Washington

kiddfixit

Reaction score
I wanted to let the greater Seattle area members know about a jam session over at O'ahu's on Sunday, October 31st from 2 to 10 pm. They usually have a band come in at the end of every month and play for a bit with audience participation encouraged. Papa Kila recently took over the restaurant, so this will also be a grand opening of sorts. O'ahu's is located at 7318 Eveergreen Way in Everett, WA. Grab some food and listen to some music before you go trick or treating with the family.

Hope to see you there,

Ed

Thanks for the heads up.

It is a bit of a jog for me from Beacon Hill. But I've been there a few times and
enjoyed Uncle Bernie's group and Willie K as well.

Wish you guys (and gals) all the best from South Seattle.

Keep uke'in',

Yeah...It's kind far for me to go from Stanwood to Seattle. That's the only reason why I haven't gone to one of the song circles yet. I keep telling myself to make the time, but it never seems to happen. November, though. I'm going to put November's event in the back of my mind and see what happens. I'm just getting to the point where I'm thinking I know enough chords and strum patters that I can play with other people around. My teacher (Papa Kila) keeps telling me that the only way I'm going to get better is to play in front of people. Let's see if he's right.

Please come and join us.

We've had people with no ukulele, noobies who play 'air' ukulele, and, for the most part,
once people start playing they're so caught up in what they're doing they can't pay
attention to anyone else.

So no worries! During the 'intermission' we ask newbies to introduce themselves and
their ukes.

We would love to have you if you can spare the time and mileage. You are always
welcome. Just make sure you check the website for the current location. Beginning
next year (Jan 2011) it will just about always be at the Phinney Neighborhood Center.
But check just in case.

Some of us get together afterwards for a bit of food and fellowship and you're welcome
to join with us then as well.

Keep uke'in', and hope to meet you soon,

Top Bottom