Night Nurse (Gregory Isaacs cover)

Aldrine Guerrero

Ukulele Underground Staff
Reaction score
In a tiny rock in the middle of the sea :D

RIP "Cool ruler" Gregory Isaacs.

One of my reggae heroes passed away today.

There isn't a kid in Hawaii my age that hasn't heard the name Gregory Isaacs. Classics such as "Night nurse" "Number one" and "Front door" are being played by bands and uke enthusiasts all over Hawaii. To this day, you can't listen to the local radio station for a day without hearing "Private beach party" One of the legends has passed. Mr. Cool Ruler, you will be missed.

Here's my poor attempt at your song to show my thanks for all the good vibes.

Rest in peace

RIP Gregory Isaacs.

Thanks for sharing.

You will be missed . . .

Aloha Aldrine,
Thanks for sharing, Gtegory Isaac's Night Nurse...It is a way of remembering him and a nice send off!!! RIP!!! Gregory Issac..Mahalo for the Memories, Aloha, MM Stan..
From this little rock in the middle of thr "C"......

Gregory Isaacs is one of my favorite artist of all time. He will be missed but not forgotten. Bob once said,"live for your self and you live in vain, Live for others and you will live again". He will be always apart of this world through the gift he gave us, your music. Great cover to honor a great musician. Now and forever the Cool ruler. Rest in Power.

An excellent way of showing your respect.. It was very, very good.. RIP.. Thank you for sharing :)

Very nice Aldrine!! A fitting tribute to an artist you and many others of us admire. Thank you!! Lozark I should mention I particularly like your right hand work on the uke. Like having your own small drummer working for you. Awesome.

Last edited:
Any chance you might do a Uke Lesson on this one with the right hand technique? That would be a super neat tribute to Isaacs to do a Uke Lesson on him. Just thinkin. Lozark

That was an awesome tribute performance. Thank you!

I agree. Aldrine that was an awesome tribute to a legend. Heaven's music just got a lot better.

RIP and God Bless

Top Bottom