Mach 3 (Not quite Mach 4 cover)

GX9901

Reaction score
I've been obsessed with learning Kalei Gamiao's Mach 4 over the last several days. When I first heard this song last week I didn't think I'd ever be able to play it. But after noodling around with it, I realized that I could actually play it a little bit and started working hard on it over the weekend. What I can play so far can probably only be called Mach 3 (LOL), because I'm no good at it yet, and a couple of the fast picking parts kick my butt. But I'm pretty psyched that I'm even this far on this song, so I posted a video on it. Hopefully I can post a proper Mach 4 cover sometime soon.:p

Great attempt at a rockin song, though you've got some way to go with it still!

Aloha George,
Awesome, thanks for the mini jam......that wuz soo cool!! Mahalo for sharing....MM Stan...

I thought over all that was actually really good.. I liked it.. Fair play to you :)

George,
This was a great effort, especially when figuring it out on your own without tabs. I've been meaning to finish this one for quite some time but haven't gotten around to it. I did a video of Mach 4 back in March after the Tahoe Fest and sent it to Kalei and a select few via private video. It's definitly a little rough and I was hoping to fine tune it but haven't gotten around to it so I decided to just make it public until I can record a better version. My index finger is whacking the heck out of the fretboard and sound board throughout and it is a little obnoxious:). I need to try and get this tab finished and get it off to Kalei for review.

Jeez! Both of those are amazing! I can't believe you guys get so much "music" outta your ukes.
Thanks for letting us see.

George,
This was a great effort, especially when figuring it out on your own without tabs. I've been meaning to finish this one for quite some time but haven't gotten around to it. I did a video of Mach 4 back in March after the Tahoe Fest and sent it to Kalei and a select few via private video. It's definitly a little rough and I was hoping to fine tune it but haven't gotten around to it so I decided to just make it public until I can record a better version. My index finger is whacking the heck out of the fretboard and sound board throughout and it is a little obnoxious:). I need to try and get this tab finished and get it off to Kalei for review.

Hey Dom, thanks for the feedback. I was hoping to see a video of you playing this song at some point, so thanks for posting it here. I find it to be one of the most fun songs to play even though the couple of picking parts are really difficult. Hopefully I'll be able to clean it up and post a better cover soon.

I'm psyched for you. That was cool. Congratulations on the progress. My hat is off to you for taking it on. DAP

Mach 4 contest

I was talking to Kalei about his original song Mach 4 and he noticed a lot of people playing it. I asked him if it would be ok to make a contest for people who want to enter it and I explained what the rules was.
Rules
1) Anyone can enter
2) must be posted on video (via you- tube)
3) labeled: Mach 4
4) Deadline to post 11/30/2010
5) Judged by Kalei Gamiao
6) I pay the winner $100.00 ( U.S Dollars) on 12/5/2010
He said I had his blessing and will do a tuturial on that song after the contest is done.
What do you think?

I was talking to Kalei about his original song Mach 4 and he noticed a lot of people playing it. I asked him if it would be ok to make a contest for people who want to enter it and I explained what the rules was.
Rules
1) Anyone can enter
He said I had his blessing and will do a tuturial on that song after the contest is done.
What do you think?

Even though there's a very high chance that I will not be entering, that sounds like a sweet idea.
Can't wait to see the outcome and how many people participate. :D

Rules
1) Anyone can enter
What do you think?

Sounds cool! I bet many people would be happy about having that tutorial.

Top Bottom