NEW Mainland plastic body ukes?

Gmoney

Reaction score
Anybody actually handled one of these?? Look like the Mainland "gecko" is going to give the Makala Dolphin some competition!

http://shop.mainlandukuleles.com/category.sc?categoryId=11

gecko%201.jpg

Can't wait to try one out. Mike at Uke Republic is supposed to be getting some in, but Mike AKA Hoosierhiver will have the real "skinny" on them.

Last edited:
You know...

if the colors were 'bolder' (darker, instead of pastel) and
a gecko was left off the body along with the polka dots,
I'd be willing to wager that ADULTS would buy them for
themselves, along with those pictured for their offspring.

Just sayin'.

For myself, something in Royal Blue or Kawasaki (electric) green, ....

Keep uke'in'

Aloha Gmoney,
Thanks for sharing, looks like a holiday seller if they can get them out by Christmas.....MM Stan..

Wow...I WANT one and I thought my UAS was in remission...but alas, I've already gotten both Christmas presents...*thinks* I do have a birthday 12 days after Christmas :D:D

Awesome, I love the chili and the reggae. Anyone played one?

We've been so busy, I haven't had time to get good pics yet. We've also got a reggae gecko and chili peppers.
I really like the reggae/gecko and the chili peppers. The ones with the bubbles are a little too cute for my taste. Although it would be great to see our forum ukeing maniacs tearing it up on one of them cute ones.
DAP

Here's the skinny. They just got in and I haven't even had a chance to play one much yet. Capt'n Lovehandles did a great job on the artwork he's the first to get ahold of one. They have a spruce top and only the finest ABS plastic for the body (that's a joke).They come with GHS strings, but Aquila's improve them dramatically. Don't expect a Mainland solid wood sound, but these things do sound pretty good after a little tweaking and settling in.

Here's the skinny. They just got in and I haven't even had a chance to play one much yet. Capt'n Lovehandles did a great job on the artwork he's the first to get ahold of one. They have a spruce top and only the finest ABS plastic for the body (that's a joke).They come with GHS strings, but Aquila's improve them dramatically. Don't expect a Mainland solid wood sound, but these things do sound pretty good after a little tweaking and settling in.

Mike, will it be an option to have Aquila's put on at the time of purchase?

Top Bottom