troubles with MOV

MOV is Apple's QuickTime format. You can download the viewer for free:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/what-is/

The "Pro" version for $29.99 allows you to edit and convert to other formats.

I haven't used QT in a few years. On the PC at least, it wanted to take over and make itself the default for all media so I quickly uninstalled it.

There are other options out there. Google "quicktime converter" and I'm sure you'll find some shareware/freeware to do what you need.

There is a free player on the net called 'Zoom Player'.
Free to download and install,and as far as I have found
with my own video clips,it plays just about every format
going!

I can play the videos, I can't edit them. I'll do a google search and see what shows up.
If you can find something to convert the MOV files to a compatible format, Windows XP (not sure about other versions) has a built-in program called Windows Movie Maker that's a fairly capable little editor that includes special effects, transitions, titling, etc. A lot of people don't even know they have it, but it's part of a default install.

You can import files with the following file name extensions into Windows Movie Maker to use in your project:

Audio files: .aif, .aifc, .aiff .asf, .au, .mp2, .mp3, .mpa, .snd, .wav, and .wma

Picture files: .bmp, .dib, .emf, .gif, .jfif, .jpe, .jpeg, .jpg, .png, .tif, .tiff, and .wmf

Video files: .asf, .avi, .m1v, .mp2, .mp2v, .mpe, .mpeg, .mpg, .mpv2, .wm, and .wmv

Top Bottom