New Family Members...

H

Hippie Dribble

hi all! eugenie and I are proud to announce the arrival of quadruplets in the ukulele household this week :). Presenting:

DSCF4406.jpgDSCF4407.JPGDSCF4408.jpg

left to right: Mya Moe Mango Tenor Resonator, Vintage White Label Kamaka Soprano, Bruko #6 Soprano and Bluegrass "Yellow Heart" Cigar-Box Tenor.

It is indeed a New Uke day!!!!, and how!!! :eek:

Of course eugenie and I are extremely proud parents of our four new babies... aaaah, life is indeed a sweet melody

:love: eugene

Last edited:
Happy New Uke Day and what as New Uke Day!!#

Those are sooo pretty! I want one :drool:

Aloha Eugene,
Congrats on the new extended family arrivals, they look awesome...I just seen that you really got the cigarbox uke....wow...why does the Kamaka have a white fretboard???Have Fun Man and Enjoy!!!!
Let us know how they are......MM Stan....

Aloha Eugene,
Congrats on the new extended family arrivals, they look awesome...I just seen that you really got the cigarbox uke....wow...why does the Kamaka have a white fretboard???Have Fun Man and Enjoy!!!!
Let us know how they are......MM Stan....

sorry Stan, I should have said...L-R in the first picture with the four of them together (the one with the cream fretboard is the bruko)...

I'm a bit excited as it's taken me nearly 5 months to work out how to upload photos onto the forum boards...just experimented today with Fiona's camera and kinda worked it out by accident

...still a complete luddite I must admit.

Would you like to adopt me? I cook and come with 3 more ukes!

Congrats looks like lots of beautiful music will be coming from that deck!!

Darn, a MyaMoe! How does it sound? (I've been looking through pictures of MyaMoe ukes, and my goodness they really do make your mouth water..)

hey Lexxy

she's a ripper mate...so glad I went with a wood-bodied reso and not a steel body...sounds so much warmer....and I guess the mango helps that out...just so immmaculately made mate: beautiful action, sweet, rich and plunky, ridiculous sustain and volume...great for me ol' folk tunes and bluesy and jazzy stuff...just really, really happy with her.

Bought solely off photos from a shop I tracked down - Pioneer Music, in Oregon - and just took a shot. They were great to deal with and it's worked out fine, thankfully. I also had it strung with low g for a change which will be fun to work my way around and get used to, as I've not really bothered with that tuning before.

Short answer: she sounds AAAAAWWWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!! (sorry brother...just having a moment there...can you tell I'm excited? :eek:

hey Lexxy

she's a ripper mate...so glad I went with a wood-bodied reso and not a steel body...sounds so much warmer....and I guess the mango helps that out...just so immmaculately made mate: beautiful action, sweet, rich and plunky, ridiculous sustain and volume...great for me ol' folk tunes and bluesy and jazzy stuff...just really, really happy with her.

Bought solely off photos from a shop I tracked down - Pioneer Music, in Oregon - and just took a shot. They were great to deal with and it's worked out fine, thankfully. I also had it strung with low g for a change which will be fun to work my way around and get used to, as I've not really bothered with that tuning before.

Short answer: she sounds AAAAAWWWWWEEEEESSSSSOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!! (sorry brother...just having a moment there...can you tell I'm excited? :eek:

No worries mate! Good on ya. Sounds like the Mya Moe is making you go all bonkers!! happy for you!!

Would you like to adopt me? I cook and come with 3 more ukes!

Congrats looks like lots of beautiful music will be coming from that deck!!

hi fitncrafty!!!

...mmmm...how are you with a clam chowder:drool:...actually I love cooking too mate...yep, there's always a spare sleeping bag at our place...and a nice warm hanger for any ukes that come through these parts! :) We love that little deck Carrie. Our house is pretty small, mostly made from timber from the property and the deck is the biggest room in the house...lovely place to eat, read and play music in the summer time.

Actually I tried last week to order a uke for my wife Fiona like your Luna floral concert one but amazon refuse to ship a ukulele to Australia...checked and there are no dealers here. Apparently there is one in New Zealand though...

Crikey E U, thats one shipment you'd be not wanting to go astray!!!!

Congratulations on your extended family, so tell us which one did you play first, or was it first out of the box, first played. I'd be still debating which one had priority. :)

Cheers

hi fitncrafty!!!

...mmmm...how are you with a clam chowder:drool:...actually I love cooking too mate...yep, there's always a spare sleeping bag at our place...and a nice warm hanger for any ukes that come through these parts! :) We love that little deck Carrie. Our house is pretty small, mostly made from timber from the property and the deck is the biggest room in the house...lovely place to eat, read and play music in the summer time.

Actually I tried last week to order a uke for my wife Fiona like your Luna floral concert one but amazon refuse to ship a ukulele to Australia...checked and there are no dealers here. Apparently there is one in New Zealand though...

My husband is in the US Navy and has spent much time in Australia, loves it! When the kids are grown we hope to take a trip there! Have you contacted Luna directly? The owner is very responsive... Maybe she can hook you up! We wrote a few times... they have two new ukes coming out next year... Their guitars are beautiful to look at (I don't play but the shop where I got my uke has many of them) I barely play the uke... but I am getting there! Good luck getting your hands on that Luna... I sure love mine!

My husband is in the US Navy and has spent much time in Australia, loves it! When the kids are grown we hope to take a trip there! Have you contacted Luna directly? The owner is very responsive... Maybe she can hook you up! We wrote a few times... they have two new ukes coming out next year... Their guitars are beautiful to look at (I don't play but the shop where I got my uke has many of them) I barely play the uke... but I am getting there! Good luck getting your hands on that Luna... I sure love mine!

good point...I should contact them directly...I had a browse through the site and I agree with you mate, those guitars are really eye catching...like their ukes, eh?:) failing that I guess the bonus re the new Zealand dealer is that shipping should be much cheaper than would otherwise be the case. I'm just getting there too carrie but the journey is long and just so much fun, hey?:eek:

Crikey E U, thats one shipment you'd be not wanting to go astray!!!!

Congratulations on your extended family, so tell us which one did you play first, or was it first out of the box, first played. I'd be still debating which one had priority. :)

Cheers

Hey Tony...hmmm, it was a long labour for poor eugenie mate...they each came on different days:). The Bruko arrived first , the cigarbox last (today actually). Must admit that I'm just drawn to the Kamaka like a magnet...can't seem to put it down, also the bruko...I love my sopranos. Haven't yet played either tenor long enough to really bond yet...but if beauty is skin deep then we've bonded already cause they're so easy on the eyes. Mya Moe sounds incredible...the cigar box is maybe a little quieter than I was expecting but sounds nice too. But it's the Kamaka Tony...I've fallen head over heels in :love: ...

Ah yes the journey is fun! Sometimes the burning desire to play just distracts me from the rest of my life! Like putting my children to bed an hour late last night because I was playing... :) MY daughter loves to sing a long with me...so we were having a great time. I have to motivate myself to do my 'chores' and schoolwork first, before I can get to playing, otherwise I would play the day away and get nothing else done. It's one of the most rewarding distractions ever...

Good looking bunch of ukes. Congrats!

Top Bottom