"Hallelujah" ukulele cover

savethecheerleader

Reaction score
I love the song "Hallelujah" written by Leonard Cohen. It's been covered but numerous people, but I decided a couple days ago to try to come up with an arrangement and rendition that might work on the ukulele. Let me know what you think. I posted the arrangement and chords I used on my blog here. Definitely open to feedback and suggestions. Hope you enjoy.

Wow, beautiful! Thanks for posting that video, I really enjoyed it!

Holy high notes Batman! Great job!

I may have to try the Em and the Fm in the version I do. I use an E7 and no Fm...hm.

Dude...,the only time I've seen that done better on a uke was the instrumental by our beloved Jake S. You've knocked it out of the park! Your vocal was harmoniously awesome. I love the falsetto at the end.
DAP

WOW Cheerleader: Beautifully done!! I have heard this song performed many many times over the years, and your rendition is one of the best I have heard. You nailed it. Your subdued uke picking and then the strum emphasis at the end really enhanced your vocal. It is so refreshing to actually hear some of our talented members put themselves in front of us and perform for us. oh yes, your chord choices are awesome. Thanks!! Lozark Also I am a Cohen fan, and have most of his music and love his style. Hard to imitate his style.

Last edited:
Wow, everyone. I'm absolutely floored by your response. I'm glad you all like it. I don't do a whole lot of covers, and when I do, I don't usually post them, so this is really encouraging.

Holy high notes Batman! Great job!

I may have to try the Em and the Fm in the version I do. I use an E7 and no Fm...hm.

I didn't think to use an E7, but I just gave it a try and I really like the sound of it! I feel like it fits a lot better. I wish I would have used it. I'm glad you said something. I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever play this in the future.

Last edited:
Cheerleader... please share more vid's!

yeah mate...what fitncrafty said!!!

that is a seriously lovely voice you have there brother. awesome...tons of feeling just oozed out of those words you sang. Beautiful understated playing...
Hmmm...I think it's time you hired me as your manager :)

:cheers:

Thanks for posting that man.....It just made my morning! Where can I get one of those voices?

Thanks! This is great. I just checked out your website. Looks like there are some really useful tutorials. Thanks again.

-Donna

OH man! Nicely done! I am afraid I have to steal this, I love this song!

Ditto, beautiful cover, so inspiring I'm going to try it on my new bari. always loved that song, thanks

Top Bottom