Anybody have experience with the OSCAR SCHMIDT OU5LCE Concert Koa?

vofgofm33

Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/Oscar-Schmidt-OU5LCE-Acoustic-Electric/dp/B001JGMRA0

I'm looking for a concert electric/acoustic Uke and this is one of the best qualities I could find for my price range. I'm not looking to pay more than 250$

anybody have any experience with it as in how durable is it?
I've banged up my current uke quite abit because I carry it around everywhere and its got some paint scratches along the edges.

I'm wondering what the quality is like and if it will be durable enough for me to bring places

AlohaVofgofm33,
I don't have the OU5LCE concert Koa, But I do have the OU5 concert Koa Lam...and I can say after 3 years it still looks new and the glossy finish is awesome looking yet..very durable....MM Stan...

I have the OU5LCE and it is a great uke in many respects. It is actually one of my favorites. I wrote a review of it in Ukulele Player Magazine (issue 7). I really like the neck, very comfortable. The UK-2000 pickup sounds great and is now used on lots of Ohana ukes and others as well. Played acoustically, the uke is not loud. It sounds sweet. I love the tone when it is played via the pickup. I like recording with this uke. I passed it around the room at a local ukulele club meeting and everyone liked it.

I have two Oscars they are the very early OU2 and OU3 (open tuners and pre guitar style bridges) the OU2 is a Mahogany Laminate but sounds great. The OU3 is solid spruce top and rosewood sides and back, again sounds great. I have heard some condemn these Yukes and say get the new ones...I don't know, mine did most of my Navy Career with me and have been around the world and I still love em. I think Oscar Schmidts sometimes get a bad rap. Probably because they make such a dingy guitar but I find their Yukes to be pretty good.

Top Bottom