$8 ukes!!

WOW! That's a LOW price!!
Sorry... had to.
I think you should purchase one and see if compares to anything we'd normally pay $50 for.
You'd never know, could be surprised :D
Thanks for sharing.

I ran out and bought two. It is a little smaller than a soprano, maybe closer to the size of a sopranino. The action is pretty high at the nut and saddle. It sounds terrible.
The strings may be part of the problem , looks like fishing line. One of them I will lower the action and try a set of Aquila's. The other I will take apart and use the neck for a cigar box uke. It's my opinion that they are worth $ 7.99 , I wouldnt pay any more.
Caveat Emptor. Almost forgot , They are all wood not sure what type.

Last edited:
VeRy CooL... thanks for the tip - and additional info - on the cheapie ukes... :)

Yeah...I would go for the $8 bongo drums. Even if the "skins" are actually made of paper (I've had drums like that), they would just need to make useful thumping noises. I've always wished I had some bongo drums. I'm not sure why.

I think on some level, EVERYONE has always wished they had some bongo drums.

Those look like they would be perfect for my 4 year old twin grandkids, something they could play along with us when the older grandkids and I "jam" but no great loss if they clobber something with them. Bummer though it doesn't look like there are any stores out west, and it doesn't look like they do internet sales.

I think on some level, EVERYONE has always wished they had some bongo drums.
I know I have :D
Every time I think of bongos, I see shirtless men with fire staffs and pois. Sometimes with grass skirts... :eek:
I really need some bongos. :(

any word on the intonation ?
Intonation is bad, it sold for 7.99. The bridges on both are placed in the wrong spot. One is a quarter of an inch too low and the other is waaay off center. Again ,this is a $ 7.99 uke. I like to tinker so trying to get these right will be fun for me.
Anyone who thinks these are playable out of the box will be disappointed. I know I said I "ran" down to get them but I actually flew down and boy .......... are my arms tired.

If anything you can get a bridge and neck for a cigarbox uke for $7.99. Pretty good deal I think

The bridge is held on with two screws so it is easy to move. I made a new saddle with a piece of acrylic plastic. The original saddle is too high. I just lowered the nut which is a hollow piece of styrene plastic by sanding the bottom. I'm guessing that after I put on a real set of uke strings this will sound every bit as good as a $ 9.99 uke.

Top Bottom