Open Mic Night in St. Thomas—Rocky Top

SailQwest

Reaction score
We were playing at Open Mic Night a couple of weeks ago in St. Thomas. After we did several songs that we planned on doing, someone asked us to do Rocky Top.

We figured why not... We forgot some words, missed some chords, etc. But nobody seemed to mind. And we had fun playing it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RiUhPB8ynQ

Very Nice. I went to UT (Go Vols!) and probably heard that song a thousand times. My wife has been working on picking the song. She has some of it but she is not as into the uke as I so her practice is few and far between. Pretty sure you got all the lyrics right. The only thing you could add, is when you sing "Good ole Rocky Top (Whoa) Roack Top Tennessee" yell the Whoa. Might just be a UT thing but it sounds cool to do it. I loved though!:D

Thanks for the comments! Rocky Top is a fun song to play.

One of the problems is I like to play it really, really fast, and Rich gets annoyed at me when I do that! But sometimes I do it just to mess with him. :D

The night our friend recorded this the crowd was really enjoying our "set," so the emcee let us play beyond the usual three songs. This was probably the sixth song we did, so we were both more relaxed than when we started. That's probably why the tempo was reasonable...

Yeah, it was cool to actually leave the stage with people wanting more! Of course, after six songs, I was getting mighty thirsty... ;)

What a cool open mic....great job!

Top Bottom