Round Midnight - Thelonious Monk

Wow, nice. I learned something too...I need to practice alot more. :)
DAP

Wow, nice. I learned something too...I need to practice alot more. :)
DAP

Thanks, DAPuke. As for practice, except for those who can already play like Jake or Aldrine, we all need more :).

Doug

One more reason I'm a fan! Hey, do you play that big 88-string ukulele in the back of the room (I guess some people call it a piano) too? Mike

One more reason I'm a fan! Hey, do you play that big 88-string ukulele in the back of the room (I guess some people call it a piano) too? Mike

Thanks, Mike. Yeah, I used to play (it's really more of a hammered dulcimer :)), but I've been pretty focused on the uke lately. I still use it to help work out progressions and tricky chords.

Nicely done. Must of been hard to figure out how to get the range of notes in that song on to the uke fretboard.

Thanks. I decided to keep this in the original key of Eb minor so I could try to play along with my CDs, which meant that I had to "wrap" the melody in a couple of places. And it did end up using most of the available range.

BTW, thanks for the sub on youtube, but when I tried to go to your channel, I got some kind of error.

Doug

Thanks, Mike. Yeah, I used to play (it's really more of a hammered dulcimer :)), but I've been pretty focused on the uke lately. I still use it to help work out progressions and tricky chords.

Seriously, you're becoming one of my favorite ukuele players to listen to. You know what you are doing and you are tackling some really cool and challenging stuff and succeeding with it. All the best, Mike

Seriously, you're becoming one of my favorite ukuele players to listen to. You know what you are doing and you are tackling some really cool and challenging stuff and succeeding with it. All the best, Mike

Wow, I'm really flattered, Mike, thank you so much! I know there are many who could play this song much better than I could ever hope to, but I'm just trying to be the best "me" that I can :).

Last edited:
Top Bottom