KoAloha Concert.

stevecarrero

Reaction score
The KoAloha Concert is such a beautiful ukulele. I wish I had the dough to order one. Factory seconds are available for a couple hundred dollars cheaper, but I'm not sure what to expect especially ordering online sight unseen. :drool: sigh.... sorry, just needed to vent this out :confused:

One of my morning pleasures is sipping Kauai coffee while softly playing a KoAloha Super-Concert 'ukulele tuned in Low-G. It's sweet and mellow and just sets my mood for the whole day.

I love my KoAloha concert presently in low G. Ordered it from MGM last November. Had checked into factory seconds but with all of the stuff included with mine, nice hard shell case, tuner, book - there wasn't much if any difference in the price. And I was able to see the exact ukulele I was getting; it's gorgeous with a curly koa top and staight grained b/s.

Edit: It wasn't my KoAloha concert that I checked for a Factory Seconds comparison. It was my KoAloha soprano. In that case, there wasn't much of a price difference. With a concert there may be more of a price difference, and I agree it would probably be just fine.

Last edited:
I also wouldn't expect with Koaloha's quality control that they're going to be offering seconds with anything but some minor dings or flaws that prevent them from selling it as a pristine new instrument. I don't think it would be anything to be scared of. You'll probably end up doing worse yourself over time as you play the snot out of it.

I have one and the only way I know that it is a second is b/c there is the little black mark on the label.

MY Prescription you all is to take a vacation once a year to Hawaii and visit the the big "K" factories and get one each year on your birthday....Dr. Stan...

IMO the Koaloha concerts are, dollar for dollar, some of the best all around ukes available on the market today. I have a Pikake concert strung with Worth browns and consider it one of my best ukes, and I have many. If you're looking to save a few bucks, consider the Pikake. The only differences between the regular concert is a straight cut fretboard and a satin finish.

The seconds that KoAloha sell generally have just slight imperfections and are worth considering. I have a Sceptre second and it has a small ding that is hardly noticeable.

Acoustic Vibes has KoAloha concert ukes currently at SALE prices!

Top Bottom