Beverages and mixed drinks (Alcohoilic and Non-Alcoholic) For The Ukulele

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
Beverages and mixed drinks (Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic) For The Ukulele

I just saw a book titled cooking for the ukulele or something of that nature. It was a Ukulele cookbook with recipies. How about a mixology Guide for the Ukulele? Post your favorite concotion here and I'll compile them in the first Mixology Guide for Ukulele Players. I'll post it as a PDF for us. Just reply to this with your recipe, give it a name and the name/ID you want me to attribute to. Like this:

Formby Strum

Place 12 oz of your favorite Lager Beer in a chilled mug. Pour 1 shot of blended whiskey in a shot glass. Drop the shot, glass and all into the mug, with the shot glass facing up. Best drank while practicing a Formby Triplet.

UkueleBlues – South Carolina

Last edited:
Purple Dolphin

Vodka, Grape Kool-Aid, and a paper umbrella. :)

Kamaka Krunch

equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice
lemon ice cubes
vodka
slice of lime

for those hot summer afternoons... :)

eugene ukulele - Tasmania

hey bluesmeister, here's another from eugenie:

Lil' Rev Up!

1/3 glass gin
40mls cherry liqueur
top up glass with tonic water
add ice cubes

sweet, tangy and sparkling...the perfect mid-life crisis drink! :eek:

eugenie ukulele - Tasmania

Mainland Jam Session:

1 oz 100 proof white corn liquor (preferably homemade, but...)
1 oz Barenjager honey liqueur
add to a Mason jar with ice cubes and top off with ice tea
stuff the jar into a PBR koozy
stir with one of those awesome swizzle sticks with the hula girl on the top.

Kamaka Krunch

equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice
lemon ice cubes
vodka
slice of lime

for those hot summer afternoons... :)

eugene ukulele - Tasmania

Awww now that sounds sooo good.

The Uke Republic
Pussers British Navy Rum & ice
I sometimes mix it up and use Pyrate rum or Appletons or Cockspur or Brugal or Cruzan or some other kind of rum. My family were and are a seafaring lot and we like RUM! I do like Gin a lot too as well as Bourbon , Tennessee whiskey, Scotch, Irish whiskey, Vodka, Aquavit etc and find they all compliment ukulele playing. I don't suggest Ebay and drinking though. I have bought some weird stuff. Hey we all need an 1867 corn shucker! Only cost $24.00

Pour a bit of single malt Scotch into a glass. Sip it. Done.

I'm with Chris Tarman.

The Balvenie Boogie. Pour two fingers of single malt in a glass. Sip slowly and let the tunes rip. Maybe add an ice cube or two, if so desired.

The IZ
make a long Island Ice Tea and drop in an alka seltzer......you try it, coz I ain't.

For me:
Tall glass with ice, squeeze a big wedge of lime, add a good quality amber rum 2/3 full, then add about 1 1/2oz of Malibu Coconut rum.
This helps my playing and after two drinks, my uke playing AND singing are ready to go on tour!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom