PDA

View Full Version : Beverages and mixed drinks (Alcohoilic and Non-Alcoholic) For The Ukulele

Ukuleleblues
10-28-2010, 11:51 AM
I just saw a book titled cooking for the ukulele or something of that nature. It was a Ukulele cookbook with recipies. How about a mixology Guide for the Ukulele? Post your favorite concotion here and I'll compile them in the first Mixology Guide for Ukulele Players. I'll post it as a PDF for us. Just reply to this with your recipe, give it a name and the name/ID you want me to attribute to. Like this:

Formby Strum

Place 12 oz of your favorite Lager Beer in a chilled mug. Pour 1 shot of blended whiskey in a shot glass. Drop the shot, glass and all into the mug, with the shot glass facing up. Best drank while practicing a Formby Triplet.

UkueleBlues South Carolina

Chap
10-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Purple Dolphin

Vodka, Grape Kool-Aid, and a paper umbrella. :)

Link
10-28-2010, 12:11 PM
The gCEA

A little gin, equal parts coke, everclear and absynthe.

Wow... that would do some damage.

Hippie Dribble
10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Kamaka Krunch

equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice
lemon ice cubes
vodka
slice of lime

for those hot summer afternoons... :)

eugene ukulele - Tasmania

Ukuleleblues
10-28-2010, 01:59 PM
The best drink in the world is a frozen Mai tai at Keoki's Paradise in Poipu, Kauai. [IMG]http://travellifeisshort.com/frozenmaitai.jpg[\IMG]

What do you want to call it?

Hippie Dribble
10-28-2010, 02:08 PM
hey bluesmeister, here's another from eugenie:

Lil' Rev Up!

1/3 glass gin
40mls cherry liqueur
top up glass with tonic water
add ice cubes

sweet, tangy and sparkling...the perfect mid-life crisis drink! :o

eugenie ukulele - Tasmania

Ukuleleblues
10-28-2010, 02:12 PM
hey bluesmeister, here's another from eugenie:

Lil' Rev Up!

1/3 glass gin....sweet, tangy and sparkling...the perfect mid-life crisis drink! :o

eugenie ukulele - TasmaniaI love it!!!

Uncle-Taco
10-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Mainland Jam Session:

1 oz 100 proof white corn liquor (preferably homemade, but...)
1 oz Barenjager honey liqueur
add to a Mason jar with ice cubes and top off with ice tea
stuff the jar into a PBR koozy
stir with one of those awesome swizzle sticks with the hula girl on the top.

Uke Republic
10-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Kamaka Krunch

equal parts pineapple juice and orange juice
lemon ice cubes
vodka
slice of lime

for those hot summer afternoons... :)

eugene ukulele - Tasmania

Awww now that sounds sooo good.

The Uke Republic
Pussers British Navy Rum & ice
I sometimes mix it up and use Pyrate rum or Appletons or Cockspur or Brugal or Cruzan or some other kind of rum. My family were and are a seafaring lot and we like RUM! I do like Gin a lot too as well as Bourbon , Tennessee whiskey, Scotch, Irish whiskey, Vodka, Aquavit etc and find they all compliment ukulele playing. I don't suggest Ebay and drinking though. I have bought some weird stuff. Hey we all need an 1867 corn shucker! Only cost $24.00

Chris Tarman
10-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Pour a bit of single malt Scotch into a glass. Sip it. Done.

hoosierhiver
10-28-2010, 06:45 PM
2 Pabst Blue Ribbons with a fruit jar of corn liquor set respectfully on the edge of a hay wgaon.

dkcrown
10-29-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm with Chris Tarman.

The Balvenie Boogie. Pour two fingers of single malt in a glass. Sip slowly and let the tunes rip. Maybe add an ice cube or two, if so desired.

Anton K
10-29-2010, 11:54 AM
The IZ
make a long Island Ice Tea and drop in an alka seltzer......you try it, coz I ain't.

Ukuleleblues
10-29-2010, 12:09 PM
....... I don't suggest Ebay and drinking though......
Best advice I've heard for quite awhile, wish I would have heard it earlier...anyone need a rug? (see17052 pic)

molokinirum
10-29-2010, 12:12 PM
For me:
Tall glass with ice, squeeze a big wedge of lime, add a good quality amber rum 2/3 full, then add about 1 1/2oz of Malibu Coconut rum.
This helps my playing and after two drinks, my uke playing AND singing are ready to go on tour!!!!