Lil Rev Concert

Ukuleleblues

Reaction score
I went to a Lil Rev concert and workshop last night, it was GREAT!!!! I learned some very, very useful tips and have made the resolution to practice and learn a triplet. He showed us a lot. I think the biggest thing I got out of it was that the ukulele is a unique instrument with very characteristic strum patterns that are unique to the instrument. He was a great teacher.

He will be making his way up the East Coast, Laurens tonight (Yesterukes) and Wilmington (Uke Academy), Maryland, etc. If you get a chance to attend, it is well worth your time.....and bring your non-uke playing friends for the concert. I have some links at the end of the e-mail you can check to see if he is coming your way.

I don't think I've met a nicer more sincere performer. He told great stories and played the uke with a delicate touch that make me want re-examine my "beating" on the strings.

The concert was great, with Lil Rev playing a lot of original tunes, telling great stories and illustrating what he taught in class in his performance, that was a nice touch. He also brought a great resource library of CD’s DVDs and Books to help you improve your skills.

He has a new CD coming out with some original tunes so check out his links:

Rev's Website: www.lilrev.com
Rev's Uke Blog: fountainofuke.blogspot.com
Twitter: twitter.com/dauker
Facebook: www.facebook.com/lilrevfans
MySpace: www.myspace.com/lilrevmusic
www.youtube.com search lilrevdotcom

I attached some pics from the night, check out the uke Jon made, he's holding it in the pic titled (Cheryl Lil Rev and Jon).

Attachments

• Lil Rev and Ukuleleblues (Jim).jpg
    Lil Rev and Ukuleleblues (Jim).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Lil Rev 2.jpg
    Lil Rev 2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Lil Rev 3.JPG
    Lil Rev 3.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Cheryl Lil Rev and Jon.jpg
    Cheryl Lil Rev and Jon.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Lil Rev 4.JPG
    Lil Rev 4.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 11
I agree with your assessment of Li Rev. I saw him at Misteruke's place earlier this year. Sincere is a fine word to describe this man.

Gotta love image3 with the flaming arm action.

Li'l Rev's Maryland stop

TimeTuesday, November 2 · 7:00pm - 10:00pm
LocationGordon's Kanack Shack Studio 9911 Santa Cruz Street
Lanham, MD

More InfoWhen: Tuesday November 2nd

7pm workshop: Hot Licks & Tunes for Ukulele $20

8:30pm Concert $10 (or $25 for both)

What: Ukulele workshop followed by a concert on banjo uke, Baritone, Tenor, Concert and resonator ukuleles. Performing Blues, Rags, Old Time, Novelty and original numbers

Please RSVP: Gordon Velasco spot2dc@aol.com
Please RSVP: lilrev@lilrev.com
Visit: www.lilrev.com

thanks for that ukuleleblues

Lil' Rev is by far and away my ukulele hero...he has been THE biggest inspiration for me on my uke journey so far. Love his humility, his style of playing - his choice of covers - and his originals. I've modelled my own playing very much on his style. I turn green every time I read what you guys write on the forums about his workshops and gigs...wonder if he'll ever make it out to the Melbourne Uke fest here in Australia one day...

Would love to attend one of his workshops... that would be the best... Love his music his books and everything I read about him... wonder if he will come to Albany?

Top Bottom