Newly restored Gold Label Kamaka!

portlandjosh

Reaction score
Hey folks! Thanks for your advice back in this thread, encouraging me to take my $15 gold label garage sale find to Kamaka for restoration. They did a fantastic job, and I have to say that Kamaka has the most exceptional customer service I've experienced. Top notch folks down there. What a great experience.

They only charged me $150 to restore her. It involved refinishing, repairing a crack, a new bridge and re-notching the nut. They guessed it was late 1950s vintage.

Take a look at the full set of pictures here, or below are a few for a quick look.

Cheers!

IMG_20101028_163544.jpg

IMG_20101028_163822.jpg

IMG_20101028_163911.jpg

Wow, nice investment. Congratulations again!!!

Beauty there. I had two sopranos worked on by Kamaka and got the back this year after one year in the shop. Both are stunning.

Aloha Josh,
I don't know if you remember me, but congratulations!!!!! it came out beautiful...and was it worth it or what...Kamaka does keep it's repair prices low and no doubt are the best prices around..and to mention
the best work possible....I'm sure you can tell me now the postage was well worth it... They also quoted a years waiting time, I knew for a fact that it was going to be done in way less time than that.....
I'm sure you're gonna give them a big shout out here on the forums.....I am always truely amazed how their jobs turn out better than most...It must play so beautiful tooo....wanna sell???Only kidding!!!
I'm sure it gonna stay in the the family heirloom eh!!!!! Have Fun and Enjoy!! Keep strumming them strings!!!! Mahalo for sharing and the pic's!!!! MM Stan...
BTW-Just can't imagine how lucky and happy you must be...a refinished and refurbished Kamaka gold Pineapple with shipping for less than $200.00...totally impressed man!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, I was wondering the other day when you might get it back! Looks so beautiful! I am glad it is with you now!

Top Bottom