Name that Tune....

Cokecan72

Reaction score
Howdy to all..
The wife's friend popped round last night and brought her flute with her.. We messed about for a bit and come up with this while messing about and i was wondering if any of my fellow ukulele players could name that tune as we dont have a clue here...

So here it is the Ukulele and Flute here by now know as a Fluke Cover :)
Keep on strummin

That was great, like a peaceful walk in the woods... Have no idea what to name it though.

My daughter (10) says it should be called "The Skip Song"

Gah! This is one of those tunes that you hear/whistle all the time, but when someone asks the name it slips your mind or it's stapled to the tip of your tongue. :(
Nice playing by the way :D

That would be:

"A Swingin' Safari"
(1962)
Written by Bert Kaempfert

Sounds a lot like The Lion Sleeps Tonight.

Aloha Cokecan72,
That was totally awesome, it is a very nice tune, but I just can't figure it out..But you two were soo much in the groove of the music and having fun.....thanks for sharing....MM Stan..
BTW-what was the name of the song anyways???

That would be:

"A Swingin' Safari"
(1962)
Written by Bert Kaempfert

Good call. I googled it and listened to it on youtube. Bingo.

@robocx A Big thank you to you, you are a legend.. I had done as much of a search for this song as i could to try and find it, which is not easy when all you are armed with to search is "De doo do, De doo do, De doo do, De doo do, De doo do, De doo do, De doodle de dooo.."

@christarman thanks for the link, Now i have that version stuck in my head..

It was a tricky quest, i thought that it might have been a solo in the Lion Sleeps tonight for a bit as it uses the same chords but after listerning to it no..

Thanks for the comments and the help guys, Mystery Solved and time for me to go and rename a vid. lol

Keep on Strummin :)

OK,

Not much research from me as I had recently seen a DVD of 'The Dish' and it was part of the soundtrack.

Just good timing!

Very nice performance! The song lends itself to both flute and ukulele, and you do a great job with it. Thanks for posting.

Most people may not know or remember this, but "A Swinging Safari" was the theme song for the original version of "The Match Game," which began in 1962.

Top Bottom